thirty; the dawn of owls

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

"i wish that you would stay in my memories"
- memories; conan gray

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

April 10th, 1975 -

It was safe to say the fifth years had hit the point in the year where they were starting to feel the full weight of OWLs coming up. Lily burst into tears one day whilst studying with the Gryffindor girls, Mary, and Dorcas. Marlene had to be talked out of ripping her assignments up on countless occasions. Alice was walking everywhere with her nose buried in a book, but the clumsy girl only ended up with bruises. Remus had taken to eating copious amounts of chocolate, several pieces of parchment being stained from his fingers. Peter started making so many comments about jumping off the Astronomy tower that even a few professors started discussing the need for putting wards around the tower to prevent that. James was running his hands through his hair so much out of stress that his messy hair somehow became more frazzled. Sirius began locking himself in a classroom in attempts to stay focused. And Aria was never spotted without at least one cup of coffee with her. 

The Gryffindors had formed a study group of sorts with several other students, Mary, Dorcas, their friend Emmeline Vance and a few other Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. They would all claim one of the abandoned classrooms and sit around doing work, helping each other when needed. Everyone knew that it was time to push through till the end of the year; everyone was one hundred percent focused during this precious study time, though they made sure it was never too stressful or serious. 

It was strange how one of the most stressful times of their lives had brought them all a bit closer together; from being the name of some random student in some of their classes, the members of the other houses they studied became people they smiled and said hello to in the hallways. Little did they know, in the upcoming times, these bonds they were forming were crucial. 

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

"Crazy to think only a few months from now we'll hear back what subjects we can take for NEWTs that will determine what careers we can pursue," Remus commented, passing Aria the carrots at dinner. 

"Maybe don't remind us of that Moony, Lily looks like she's going to faint on this very table," Peter pointed out dryly. 

"Sorry Lily," Remus shrugged sheepishly, before murmuring to Aria. "Je n'aurais jamais pensé avoir cette opportunité."

"Oh, espèce de garçon stupide et stupide, tu mérites toutes les opportunités de ce monde," Aria sighed with a shake of her head.