eighteen; the marauders map & the formation of a pack

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

i'm running with the wolves tonight
- running with the wolves; aurora

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

April 25th, 1975 -

Remus Lupin was certain this was a horrible idea, but nothing would convince his friends that this idea of theirs was anything short of brilliant. Despite the fact that they had asked a million questions, read just about every book, and practiced the Animagus transformation religiously for the last several days, he was certain he'd kill one of them. If not, he was positive his friends would be terrified of the monster he becomes and flee the second they witness him, but how wrong that he was. 

As Remus was being carted off towards the Shrieking Shack, the other four of his closest friends were trying to figure out just how they were supposed to sneak down to the Whomping Willow. 

"We're not going to all fit under here," Sirius pointed out. 

"Thanks for stating the obvious," James snarked sarcastically with a roll of his eyes, before turning to his sister. "Are you sure none of your roommates will realize you're gone?"

"For the last time James," Aria huffed. "I've warded my bed as best as I can and shut the curtains. They'll just assume I've gone to bed early, and there's no way for them to check. If they question me tomorrow morning, I'll come up with some sort of excuse."

"Back to this problem, how the bloody hell are we all supposed to get to the shack?" Peter questioned. "There's no way for all four of us to fit under the cloak and we have to stop the Whomping Willow somehow, we'll get killed trying to do it."

"I assumed you were just going to transform and stop the tree," Sirius shrugged, and Peter nodded with a resolute smile. "In fact, can you just get all the way there as a rat?"

"I can," Peter confirmed. "But still, the three of you wouldn't be able to run with the cloak over all three of you and you'll certainly get caught if a bloody stag is prancing through the hallways."

"I'll make a trip with Ari, and then another with Sirius" James suggested, but before he finished his sentence, Sirius had grabbed the Marauders Map from his hands, reaching for Aria's hand in the other, pulling them through the portrait out into the hall. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Aria giggled, her curls flying as Sirius continued to drag her as he sprinted through the hallways. 

"Going on an adventure of course," Sirius looked back, winking dramatically at the girl who only rolled her eyes.