seven • think of me

•••"We never said our love was ever green, or as unchanging as the sea

•••
"We never said our love was ever green, or as unchanging as the sea..."
•••

Grosvenor Square, 1813

"My lord, you have a visitor." Rose informed the viscount.

Anthony looked up, his face full of confusion, not expecting any guests. "I am far too busy today, Rose. Please tell them to alert me ahead of time." He huffed, returning to his work.
He heard her exit, but then his door opened once again. "I said I am too," he suddenly lost his ability to speak, seeing the glimpse of his sapphire standing in his doorway.

"Even for me, Anthony?" Nola questioned, a light smile etched on her face. "I am sorry I didn't warn you, but Sloan taught me that I should never leave a gentleman waiting."

"You ran off on me." He stated, trying to not pay her attention. "What could you possibly have to say now?" He stood. Anxiously awaiting her answer.

"I'm truly, deeply sorry, Anthony. I never intended to cause you any pain," she began, but was quickly cut off.

"Then why did you?"

"I was scared!" She exclaimed. "I was... scared, my lord. I've never felt this way for anyone."

"What way, Nola?"

She gulped, meeting his deep gaze. "Like I could never go another day without you. Like I could not imagine a future without you present. For heavens sake, my lord, I can't even imagine loving someone else. I ran away out of fear,"

"Why were you afraid, my love? Please understand that I am here to assure you never long for anything ever again. I am here to grant you comfort. Love. Passion," Anthony stalked to her, running his fingers over her collar bone. "I am here to teach you."

"Teach me what, Anthony?" She whispered, feeling choked up over the gentle touches. "What is there to learn?"

He quickly backed up, not risking messing anything up. "You certainly came to say something, Nola. So, please... what would you like to to say?"

"Yes."

"Yes?" Anthony pressed on, slowly easing towards her again. "Yes what?"

"I will marry you." Anthony raced to her, pulling her into his arms. He couldn't hold back. All he had been able to think about since he met her was her. Her face, her hair, her body. He wanted all of her.

While she was in his arms, his gaze met hers, and once again, like the day in the garden, he felt the sudden urge to kiss her. To mark her as his. He grabbed her cheek, slowly running his thumb over her smooth skin. "May I?"
Anthony asks, monotone.

"Please." She begged, and Anthony didn't wait a beat, he joined their lips at once. The waited for Union being just as satisfying as he expected. Oh, how he wished to go further. His hands wrapped around Nola's waist, lifting her onto his desk, and grabbing her thigh. "My lord..." She whimpered, roughly grabbing on to the older mans hair.

"We," Anthony struggled to force himself to pull away, "I must not go further, my love." He sighed, helping her off the desk, but pressing one more peck to her lips. "I will ask publicly in front of the family at dinner, but I find it most important for us to discuss future plans?" Nola nodded in agreement.

"I assume you will be supportive of my plan to reside here at Bridgerton Manor, with you as my Viscountess." Nola only nodded,

"Of course, my lord."

"When it comes to family...?" Anthony began, unsure of how to ask the young woman how many children she was willing to give him.

"I've always dreamed of a large family like yours, Anthony. With only my sister, times were quite...lonesome."

"It is an extensive process, my dear." Anthony warned, pressing his lips to her cheek, then down to her jawline, a light moan leaving her lips. "Lord, I can't stay away from you."

"And you never will have to again..." Nola smiled, initiating the kiss for the first time that day, and for the first time between the two of them. "For I am yours."

The longer Anthony stared at her, the longer he was able to picture her as a wife, and a respectable woman, who bore him many beautiful children. His mind eased into his darkest desires. Picturing the woman in front of him with a bump, a bump which held his child. "Yes. Mine." He hummed, gently kissing her hands. "I didn't expect you to come to me." He stated, truthfully.

"You believed I would have been able to stay away?" She giggled, fixing his hair from the fluffy mess she caused. "Never, my lord."

Anthony felt it becoming more tiresome to stand back and refrain himself from taking her right here in his study, but he promised Simon he would not corrupt his young cousin, and he would never deflower, nor teach about the process of trying for a child while she was sitting on his work desk. No, it would have to be one of the most memorable experiences of her life. "My dear, when you return tonight for our dinner, I will announce our Union. We shall be married as soon as we are allowed."