fifteen • one life

•••

•••

"Now it begins, now we start... one hand, one heart."

•••

Grosvenor Square, 1813

Simon waited at the bottom of the stairs, anxiously awaiting his young cousins appearance. Oliver, Eloise, Francesca and Hyacinth at his side, ready to see Nola.

First, Ginevra and Violet walked down the stairs, not even trying to hide their dislike for one another, confusing Simon, throughly. Next, came Daphne, wearing her finest light pink dress, that Nola requested she wore. Most definitely helping her catch the attention of the Duke, who could not help, but keep his eyes on her. At last, Simon looked up to see Nola clutching onto Sloan. Her veil following behind her on the steps. He truly was mesmerized. Finally seeing his youngest cousin as a woman. "You look... ravishing." He stuttered, embracing her in his arms.

A smile rest on Sloan's face, as she watched the moment unravel between her family. She could not help but tear up at the sight, Oliver soon joining her to her right. "He's absolutely correct, sister. You look beautiful..." Sloan gasped, beginning to try to catch the falling tears.

Sloan could not help, but feel sorrow. Her sister had grown up. She was no longer a little girl, but about to be wed to a Viscount. A man with great honor, and power. She hesitantly gripped her forearm, knowing it was time to head to the church. Receiving an obvious frown from her own mother, Nola looked away from the look of dismay, getting assistance into the coach from Simon, who opted to sit with her, along with Daphne, Violet and Sloan... Ginevra claiming to have managed to find her own way of transportation. "She does not approve..." Nola sighed.

"No matter!" Sloan cut her off, not allowing her sister to form any doubts. "She will arrive with Oliver, Nolani. Pay no mind to her negativity." Nola merely nodded, staring out the window, aching to finally gaze upon Anthony.

•••

It has come to This Author's attention that the wedding of Lord Bridgerton and Miss Addington is to be a small, intimate, and private affair.
In other words, This Author is not invited.
But have no fear, dear reader, This Author is at her most resourceful at times such as these, and promises to uncover the details of the ceremony, both the interesting and the banal.
The wedding of London's most eligible bachelor is surely something which must be reported in This Author's humble column, don't you agree?

Lady Whistledown's Society Papers

•••