twenty- two • through the eyes...

*more from Anthony's POV*

•••"That is the strangest thing about the world: how it looks so different from every point of view

•••
"That is the strangest thing about the world: how it looks so different from every point of view. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view. It is better to be blind than to see things from only one point of view."
•••

Grosvenor Square, 1813

Sitting at dinner with his wife was Anthony's favorite part of the day. To get away from his pile of papers, and see the person who created his main source of joy. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Even in her night dress, and hair falling in her face. It bordered her face perfectly.

With how observant he was with his wife, he never failed to notice the little things she did. Such as using her fork to simply push around her food on her plate. Her face showed a look of confidence, but still showed that she was truly uncertain. She was too easy to read.

It would be laughable to say his staring had gone unnoticed, but Nola asked, "What is wrong, Anthony?" Stopping her previous movements with the silverware. "Is there something wrong?"

A smile formed on his face as he saw her nose scrunch up, similar to that of a bunny. "Nothing at all... are you going to eat?" He asked, curiously, viewing the pile of vegetables on her plate.

He sat through her reasonings of why she did not eat her food, and while it hurt him to hear she wasn't feeling well, he could not shove food down her throat.

"Are you accompanying me tonight? The season is to end soon, and it will be the last party I am required to attend. That is, till Eloise is eligible." He asked, leaning back into the chair.

"I simply do not feel up for it, Anthony." She explained, and surely he was slightly annoyed. His wife not being on his arm would surely cause people to talk. "I simply do not feel prepared to embark."

He felt it useless to argue. He always seemed to lose.

"You may still attend, Anthony. It is your duty," she reminded, placing the silver ware on the plate. "I just simply do not feel up to it..." He had to abide to her request, and it was quite easy to respect. She did not feel up for social interaction, and he was surely not going to force her to do anything she did not feel good enough to do.

"Are you sure you are okay?" He asked, once again. Looking for any sign of discomfort in her face, he found nothing. She was as blank as a wall. "If need be, I will stay h-"

She did not allow him to finish. "Anthony, I am fine."

He dropped the question, knowing she will not give him the answer that would ease his mind. She was too stubborn. He simply went off to prepare to escort Daphne to the party, and prayed their would be a proposal for her sister tonight.