twenty- seven • sienna rosso

•••"Oh, let me be apart of the narrative in the story they will write some day

•••
"Oh, let me be apart of the narrative in the story they will write some day."
•••

Grosvenor Square, January 1814
Seven months

Nola felt nothing but disappointment. Anthony knew Sienna was going to be here. Her heart ached, and suddenly she wasn't able to even think. She saw nothing wrong with Sienna, she would never blame her for something that occurred before she even met Anthony, but she feels awful admitting she always hoped Sienna would remain a name.

No image. She did not want to see what Anthony had chosen, where as she was what he was forced to love.

Yes, her heart ached, wishing Anthony would have at least warned her before dragging her here to feel nothing but embarrassment, and it was not like there was anywhere to go, the show was to begin soon.

Daphne attempted to ease her friend within the confinement of the small wash room, wishing she could drag her home and calm her down in a more... sanitary environment. "I can assure you, Nola... he truly did not mean to hurt you." Daphne attempted to reason, grabbing a hold of the girls shaky arm.

"I'm not hurt, Daphne..." she began, looking straight into the girls eyes. "I'm embarrassed!"

Daphne could not hold back her puzzled look. Simply asking, "why are you embarrassed, Nola?"

Nola let out a sad laugh, looking at Daphne as if to say 'think about it', but the girl still did not catch on.

"I get to view his past mistress in all her glory, while the woman he sits next to, shares a bed with, is having a child with: me... currently looks like... like a whale!" She exclaimed, not wanting to cry, but feeling like she just could not hold it back. "What if he discovers some remaining feeling, Daph? We'd be done for."

"Nola!" Daphne scolded the girl, "Anthony would never abandon you! He loves you."

Nola began pacing the grounds as the familiar gut wrenching feeling occurred in her abdomen. No matter how bad she wanted to scream, or tell Daphne what was happening, she refrained. She had caused enough fret within her family that night. "You..." she seethed, but quickly turned her back to the woman. "Uhh... you're right! I just need a minute, Daphne?"

"Are you sure? I can wait for you if you have to use the restroom?"

"No!" She said, much too quickly. "No! I'm fine. You may go." Daphne left the bathroom with a sense of confusion.

Why would Nola switch up so fast?

Nola found herself busting in the stall behind her, and locking the door quickly. Her knees buckled beneath her as the pain became increasingly more taunting- she collapsed onto the cold tile.

She began to let out breathy whimpers, trying to push through the pain, and gain control over her body once again, but it felt like something just clicked- forcing her to let out a scream.

A woman who had been walking passed the restroom at that moment, could not control the urge to enter the room, and see where the noise was coming from.

She expected to see a woman being held back by a man, or a woman covered in blood. Yet, she saw nothing. Well, except a figure sitting on the floor in the largest stall, "hello?" She knocked on the wooden door, placing her hand on the handle. "Can you open up?"

Nola's eyes shot open, not knowing she would've attracted the attention from passerby's. She concealed a scream she was dying to let out, but let out a small squeak. "Um, yes!" She responded, "I'm fine!"

The woman did not let go so easily, still hearing the strong breaths from behind the door. "Please, I would like to help you..." Nola would not dare open the door. She did not want to reveal herself in her situation, but she could no hold back the groan once she moved the wrong way.

She brought herself to her knees, unlocking the door, and allowing the stranger access. She instantly grasped her stomach, and the woman saw the streaks of tears on her face, and the sweat beading at her hairline. "What is happening?" The woman exclaimed, kneeling beside her.

"Can you please..." Nola let out, trying to regain her breath before she forced herself to pass out.

As the woman noticed her breathing patterns become more abnormal, she pressed further, trying to figure out how to help. "Yes, yes... who should I go find?"

Nola's tears became stronger, as she tightened her grip on her abdomen. "Brid-Bridgerton. Anthony Bridgerton." She let out, still heaving. "My husband..."

The woman in front of her felt her heart shatter as she finally took in the appearance of the woman in distress. How could she not notice sooner... she was the Duke's cousin- Nolani Addington, well now, Bridgerton.

When Nola let out another grieving scream, the woman stammered to her feet, "I'll go get him... right now!" She ran out of the washroom as quickly as she could, knowing exactly where Anthony's box remained.

She did not even knock before appearing in sight of her ex- lover, who quickly stood, a lion of confusion etched on his features. "Sienna...?"

"Now is not the time for greetings, Lord Bridgerton... your wife..." his eyes widened, stepping up to her,

"Where is she?" He begged her to tell him, before she grabbed his arm, and pulled him back down the staircases. He was thankful there was no one else occupying the hallways as they appeared in-front of the washrooms.

During Sienna's escapade, Nola had panicked herself so much, her whole body had gone limp. When Anthony opened the door, he let out a call of anguish, "Nola!" He met her at the floor.

"She was clutching her stomach, Milord... she wouldn't stop screaming." She began, "I came in when I heard a woman scream, and it took her so long to open the door..." he picked up his wife as carefully as he could, praying to himself that she was okay, as he ran out to the front, catching the attention of the coachmen, who quickly stepped down from the carriage to held his lord get the Viscountess inside carefully.

"Sienna!" Anthony called to the opera singer, who came out to make sure she got inside safely. "Thank you..." he said, before jumping into the coach himself, and returning to the Bridgerton House.