twenty-five • doulas and godparents

•••"I will bring you peace

•••
"I will bring you peace."
•••

Grosvenor Square, September 1813
Month three

Violet anxiously awaited the pair at her outdoor table. The entire Bridgerton clan sat around her. The youngest bickering, Daphne and Simon talking amongst themselves, Benedict plotting with Eloise, and Colin appearing to be quite sleepy. She hasn't had the privilege of being with the newlyweds in a few days, and she had not yet been away from Anthony for that long, since his honeymoon. She wasn't really ever prepared for her eldest to be where he is today, but she loves the man he became.

"Mother..." Anthony smiled, greeting his mother with a hug, and a kiss to the cheek.

Nola quickly ran up to Violet, embracing her in her arms, a smile present on her face. "Violet!"

Violet kissed the girls temple, taking a look at her appearance, and she, of course, knew what the pairs announcement was. "Nola..." she smiled, confirming with her eyes that she knew what was about to happen.

"Family... we have an announcement to make." All eyes were drawn to Anthony, as he merely placed his hand on his wife's bump. "We are expecting!" Benedict and Daphne smiled brightly, already having heard the news yesterday, Nola knew they were highly trustworthy, as it came to a surprise to everyone else at the table.

Eloise eyes bulged out of her head, still confused of the whole process, and 'where baby's came from'. Hyacinth shrieked, rushing up to hug Nola and Anthony. "Will it be a little boy or gir?" She exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"We are not sure yet, little Hyacinth."

"I hope it to be a girl. Boys are despicable."

"I'm hurt..." Anthony joked, faking sadness. Hyacinth, in return, laughed at him, which caused him to break forward and tickle her.

Nola watched, happily. She could not wait to see Anthony with their child. To hold them, play with them and teach them. She knew he would be a better father than anyone she had come to know.

Anthony already loved his child. She had never seen a happier spark in his eyes than when she had mentioned that it was "motherly instinct".

"Congratulations!" Daphne exclaimed, pulling Nola into a tight hug. "You two will have the most lovely children!" Her excitement was radiating off of her, but Simon quickly cut in. A smile present on his usually stern and blank face.

"I am so happy for you..." he mentally prided himself on the match he made, and the seemingly success of it. Despite the events from a few short days ago, he extended his hand to his cousins husband, who gladly shook it, "congrats, Bridgerton..."

"Thank you, Basset." Anthony had prayed that her hadn't lost Simon's companionship. They had spent many great years together, and their relationship was incomparably the most secure the Viscount has ever experienced. He couldn't hold himself back, and hugged Simon. "Nola and I discussed the godparents of the baby..." Nola looked to him, approvingly. "We would like if you and Daphne would be our child's godparents?" Daphne couldn't contain herself, embracing the pair and confirming.

"I would love to!"

"I must agree." Simon smiled, "good news."

Anthony lead Nola to the table, asking if she would prefer tea or water. "Just water is fine for now, love." He nodded, pouring into her cup. "I see the air is clear between you and my cousin?"

"I hope so, my love." Anthony smiled, grasping her hand within his own. "You know..." he began, catching her gaze. "I agree with Hyacinth..." she was confused. "I much hope the baby is a girl, as well." Nola smiled, nodding her head in agreement.

"I, as well. She will me the most perfect thing in the world, Anthony."

"With a mother like you? No doubt..."

"Now, do not be giving me all the credit?" She laughed.

"Why not? You are, in deed, the most perfect thing I have ever caught my eyes on..." she couldn't hide her blush as he pressed his lips to her knuckle. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Nola. Please never forget that..." she nodded, resting her hand on his cheek.

Violet watched across the table. Her heart feeling full for all the happy people within the family.

With Daphne getting married in just a few days... her eldest married, and expecting his heir, nothing could truly be better than this. Well, her love being here to bask in this glory with her would bring her upmost satisfaction. For her alphabet was fulfilled, but she was missing her E.

Anthony could sense the sadness over taking his mother, so he quickly tried to ease it. Mentioning how Nola has requested that Violet be in the room with her as she gave birth, knowing the woman who had the potential to ease her was her mother-in-law. "Of course, dearest!" She exclaimed, her hand resting on her heart and a large smile on her face. "Every step of the way..." a tear rolled down her cheek, and Nola quickly stood to give her another hug.

Anthony wanted one thing in life... a happy family. Nola saw his as her own, and he could not wish for anything better.

He could not wait for his child to enter the world.