fifty-one • epilogue

•••

•••

Aubrey Hall, April 1822

Another glorious spring morning.

Nola rushed down the hallway, her youngest daughter resting on her budding baby bump. The toddler not having any of the loud commotion that surrounded her.

Rushing down the stairs, Alverie, now the hyper age of eight, was the eldest of four children, one on the way. Her long, curly brown hair flowed behind her as she collided with Clara, sending her toppling down the stairs.

Alverie followed in the footsteps of Eloise. She was a reader, and a fast one at that. She loved to roam the fields, and hated dressy clothes, much preferring to adorn trousers, which Anthony did not mind.

Brinley was born a year after Nola suffered the miscarriage. She was there miracle baby, who turned them into a loving family of four. She idolized her Aunt Daphne, and took on the same ideals as her. She was anxious to be perfect. She had driven Anthony insane, and always did. Anthony knew when she was of age, which he was not excited for, he would have trouble keeping men away like he had for Daphne. She was too eager. Yet, she was only six. She was the princess of the family.

Colette was Nola's twin. She knew how to win in every situation, which the whole family always found amusing, and she had Uncle Colin wrapped around her tiny little finger. She always enjoyed being in the company of her family, as any four year old would, she loved attention.

Delilah was the current baby of the family. With light brown curls sculpting her caramel toned face, she was adored by the whole town. Being only two, she could do anything she wanted, and was quite advanced. Being born with major complications, Anthony never let her out of his sight.

The man rushed after his oldest daughter, gripping her shoulder before she had the chance to hit the floor. "Careful!" He scolded, extending his hand to Brinley who had tears rushing down her face.

"You are the one who told me to make haste." The girl retaliated, crossing her arms over her chest, seeing an amused smile grow on her mother's face. "Were you not?"

Her father chuckled, wiping the beads of sweat from his temple- he had been chasing the girls around all day.

Looking up and seeing his wife, he pressed his lips to hers before the woman handed the child to him. "I believe this belongs to you." She joked, running her finger along the girls cheek.

"I quite agree." He laughed, glancing down at the girls bright eyes that matched his. "Hopefully this one is a boy?" Nola laughed aloud, seeing his confused glance.

"I hate to break it to you, my love." She seethed, resting her hand on her bump. "I have a strong feeling we will have our fifth bouncing baby girl." Anthony groaned, causing Delilah to  giggle aloud. Looking at her curiously, his eyes drifted around him.

"You know what?" Nola narrowed her eyes. "I do not think I would mind that at all."

As suspected, their bouncing baby girl was born no more than a month later- her name, Estella.

Surely, Anthony would be granted a son, two at that, but only after:
-Fia
- Gemma
-Halston

Were they granted Isaac and Jude.

Truly a family that would put any mother to shame. Ten children. The Ton thought the Bridgerton's crazy, but Anthony loved children, welcoming their final two daughters. The twins, Kathleen and Lorelei.

Anthony was a family man, and never had that been doubted again. He did everything for his family, and never succumbed to his fear of dying young.

Nola loved her family, and was thankful to never feel the loss she once had ever again. She would not trade anything that happened in her past that would greatly affect her future.

The Bridgerton's moved to Anthony's preference: Aubrey Hall. The country, where his family resided peacefully from the city scene.