sixteen • one of passion

*credit to Julia Quinn*

•••She was a wife now, with a wife's responsibilities

•••
She was a wife now, with a wife's responsibilities..."
•••

Grosvenor Square, 1813

From the moment she returned to the ballroom, she had avoided Anthony's gaze. To say he was frightened was a understatement. He had quickly made his way to her, despite all the people who tried to interrupt his mission, grabbing her hand in his as she continued to speak to Sloan and Oliver, who could sense the tension.

Nola knew. She knew she was the luckiest woman in the world to be the center of Anthony's attention during specific moments in time, but that did not hold back her fear. What if he were to think of another while he was with her? What if he were to think of Sienna?

Before she could begin to panic, Simon came to inform her that their coach was waiting for the pair in the front of the house. Anthony giving Simon a quick handshake, as the two exited the front door, followed by their families. Bidding farewell to the Bridgerton's, and her own family, Nola entered the carriage, with the help of her husband.

Although only traveling away to Anthony's private homestead in the town, what was his bachelor lodgings, the trip seemed to be agonizingly slow.

Anthony watched every movement she made, a look of seriousness on his face. "My dear..."

She cut him off, "do you plan to move into the Bridgerton house now that you are married?" His eyes widened in shock, feeling the coldness of the air, and especially surprised at her outburst.

"Uh, I- yes. Although, I'd like to have some... private time with you before we are to move, if you wouldn't mind?"

"Of course, my lord." Her gaze moved to her lap, which her hand occupied. Anthony was saddened, knowing her energy had shifted. He could feel the uncertainty radiating off of her. Her hands were practically shaking, and he could feel her leg bouncing the coach.

He reached over, taking her hand in his, but that seemed to only terrorize her more, "my love... are you scared of me?" She could not find the words to answer. Of course she was not scared of him, but of what was to happen. She answered with a short no. "Then what is there to fear?" He seemed ignorant, asking such a question.

"There is only so much to fear, Anthony?"

His eyes narrowed, "surely, I do not know what you mean, my dear wife." Her heart merely stopped beating momentarily. Hearing him call her that for the first time awoken a brand new feeling. "Your heart is pounding..."