twenty-six • the opera

•••"I wish to keep you all to myself

•••
"I wish to keep you all to myself."
•••

Grosvenor Square, January 1814
Month 7

As she grew closer to merely bursting, Nola had felt her child kick her at least once a day, but the pain she endured following the kicks had been overwhelming. Since she had recognized her condition, every so often she would notice this abnormal pain from her abdomen, yet she simply brushed it off, no matter how intolerable.

She did not enjoy scaring Anthony, and she knew he became increasingly panicked whenever she would seethe through her teeth at their child's kicks, or clench her eyes shut when she would stand suddenly.

This pain overran those by many, many miles. It was more than a discomfort. She had felt like something was stabbing her from within, and it hit at the most random of times.

There was no bruising, so she felt she had nothing to worry about. She would put up a tight front as she usually hand, allowing herself a moment to let the pain pass, then go on with her day. After all, Violet had said she would be encountering weird pains throughout her pregnancy. She pushed this under that category.

Since growing so much over the passed few months, Nola found it more difficult to complete the few tasks she had to complete. The last major event she willingly attended was the wedding of Daphne and Simon- a glorious event, but it drained her to no end. She had even opted out of their first party at her old estate. The Hastings Estate, where she lived shortly after the death of her father before leaving the country.

Nola had lost complete control over her social battery, meaning her child now completely controlled every aspect of her. Her sex drive, her pain, and even her needs to pee. Especially, her needs to pee.

Nola loathed getting ready to leave the comfort of her own home, meaning she would have to wear a corset, which haven't seen the light of her closet since October. She would no longer fit in them, and of course she had attempted to use that as an excuse, but Anthony brushed it off, explaining how he could simply purchase her another one with the correct measurements.

She never wanted to seem ungrateful for what Anthony purchased her, but after the hundredth new dress this month, she had to beg him to put the money towards something else, and he had.

Their child's room was repainted... adorned with white walls and stuffed animals crowding the floor, it had become Nola's comfort corner of the house. The bassinet made her tear up every time, imagining their child reaching up to her while cradled within the bed. The dressers were her favorite thing. Anthony and her had sat down and hand painted little designs upon the wood. It was the best moment they've ever had, and she seemed to receive paint in the strangest of places that day. Nothing to complain about, she would confirm.