twenty-four • within the gardens

•••"my favorite things

•••
"my favorite things..."
•••

Grosvenor Square, September 1813
Month 3

Nola had never woken up this early, but the sun blinding her through the window notified her that it was her time to rise. Anthony remained dozed off. His body facing where she once slept; she pressed a small kiss to the mans temple. With the addition of her silk coverup, she exited the room.

She felt the need for fresh air, and the most perfect place to achieve that was within the gardens of the estate.

Marie questioned if she would like to be joined within the gardens, but Nola respectfully stated she would prefer to be alone, but still appreciated the woman's thought to ask.

Releasing a sigh of comfort, Nola strolled down the path, catching glimpse of the flowers that were currently blooming.

Roses,

Lillies,

Dahlias...

All of the young girls favorites were requested to be planted, and she throughly enjoyed the view.

She remembered the days she would skip through the grass with Hyacinth, or gossip with young Eloise. Her favorite was watching Benedict sketch. Oh, how good he was at it. She only had fond memories, or that's what she forced herself to recollect.

Thinking of her in-laws, she suddenly turned to despair. Remembering how long it has been since she had been visited by her own mother and sister.

It pained her.

She knew her mother still did not wish to acknowledge her commitment to the Viscount, and therefore kept Sloan away from her, in return. Nola had truly felt abandoned.

She was too fearful to visit her old home. She was afraid of her mother discovering that she was bound to birth Anthony's child, and therefore, there was no way her mother could ever be rid of Anthony. They were now stuck, although Anthony would argue that she's been his since he proposed.

Nola always prayed for peace within the families, especially with Violet previously being acquaintances with her mother, but even in the small chance of reconciliation... Nola knows she would choose Anthony every time. Her love for the man was too strong to ever falter, even in the worst scenarios, he would always be the reason behind her heart continuing to beat.

Making her way through the gardens, she began to place flowers in her basket, smiling at the beautiful colors mixed together.