chapter 15

I woke up the next day with a smile on my face. Yesterday was a very eventful day for me and I must say, it was amazing. I met new friends and I got myself a boyfriend, I made up with my brother and got in my first relationship fight. I'm not a big fan of them, so I'm gonna avoid them from now on.

I got up to go do my business and brush my teeth, wash my face and head downstairs to make myself some cereal.

I decided to suprise my family and make them some breakfast. I make scrambled eggs, toast, and some sausages not too much and not a little either. As soon as I finish I put it on the table and wash the pots and pans I used so there won't be too much work for me when we're finished eating.

As soon as I was done with the pots and pans I heard loud footsteps coming down the stairs and I already knew who it was, so I just stood with a huge smile on my face and waited for my dad to see the breakfast I made for him along with the whole family.

He walks in and looks at the table then at me. He's not showing any excitement of any sort. So I decide to start a conversation with him to see how he's actually feeling.

"Hey dad, I made some breakfast for the family, I can dish up for you if you want, here just sit down and I'll get your plate dished up in a jiffy." I gestured him to sit down and as I was about to dish up his plate for him I heard him speak.

"You've wasted so much food knowing how poor we are?" He asked.

"N-no thats not what I meant to do dad, I just thought I could make us some breakfast like other families do." I try to explain. If I had known that me making breakfast was gonna be a problem I would've just stayed in bed.

"Were not like normal families Mandy! We don't have money and your wasting our money that your mother and I work hard for, why would you be so selfish?" He screamed at me. He started moving closer to me in an intimidating manner.

I was about to start crying till I heard footsteps coming down and I saw Aiden clad in only his boxers and no top with bed head coming down while rubbing his eyes in a sleepy manner.

"What's going on, why are you guys shouting?" He asked looking at us confused, then he looked at the table and a small smile appears on his face.

"M' did you do all of this on your own? aww this is so sweet." He said side hugging me.

My dad was still looking angry but after Aiden said that, he all of the sudden became quiet. Would he have hit me if Aiden didnt come down the stairs, he's never hit me before other than one time when I broke the vase and when I lost his shells from his collection or the time when I drank his coke, but in my defense I was unaware there was an owner of a 2 liter bottle of coke in the fridge.
Now that I think of it he has hit me a lot of times, I don't know how that slipped my mind.

All three of us were now sitting and my mom walked in and kissed all of our heads and said good morning, we all replied except dad, and I internally rolled my eyes.

"Mmmh this food smells so good thank you Mandy." My mom complimented and so did Aiden. We said grace and started eating, including my dad, look who's eating the wasted food now. What a hypocrite.

After we all ate I washed the dishes with Aidens help so it went a lot faster.

I went upstairs and took a shower while listening to Zara Larson. When I was done I wrapped my hair in a towel and started to lotion my body and got dressed in my long ankle length summer boob tube dress.

I braided my hair into two lines while it was still wet and sat in my bed.

I looked to my phone to see it flashing a green light signalling I have a message.
I check my phone and I see that I have 10messages. 9 from unknown numbers and 1 from my mom saying she went to go run some errands and she'll be back late.

I open them and read the first three were from the same person.

Unknown: hey Mandy this is Jen from class.

                   : just wanted to ask if you wanted
                     To hang out with us today.

                   : it'll just be you, me and jeremy.
                     At the mall for some shopping   
                     and games.

Oh its Jen from my class. I kinda hoped it was from Darius but even though it wasn't from him I'm happy Jenny invited me to hang out with them. I've never been invited anywhere by anyone before.

I was thinking of making up some excuse and saying I can't come. Not that I don't want to but its because I don't have the money to go out.
I decide to text her that I'm not feeling well and I'm sorry I can't come.

Jen: I know your lying Mandy, you don't have to worry about it I'll pay for you.

Me: I can't let you do that Jen, thank you but you guys just go without me, I'll be fine..

Jen: I'm not taking no for an answer so might as well just say yes now or I come there and drag you out. I know where you live Mandy 😑😑😑😂😂

Me: alright fine I'll come but I'm gonna pay you back every cent. And what should I wear.

Jen: I'm not dressed yet, maybe I can come over and we can pick our outfits together and then leave at once. 😃

Me: alright sure I guess that won't be a problem. Mostly because I'm afraid that if I say no you would sneak in through my window.🤣🤣

Jen: your starting to catch on 😁 I'll be there in a few minutes, just gonna text Jeremy and tell him we will meet up at the mall.

After replying with a 'alright I'll see you then' I ran to my closet and looked inside.

What am I gonna wear.