chapter 17

We were now eating a triple decker, extra large, meat lovers pizza.
It was Jens idea.
I couldn't even concentrate on what Jeremy was talking about because I was busy thinking about Darius. I saw him a few minutes ago with Michael. They were sitting at MacDonald's with some girls with them.

What was bothering me was they were sitting in the booth but Darius had his arm around one girl and she was leaning onto him, laughing. It shouldn't bother me but it does.

"Isn't that right Mandy?" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Jeremy say. 

I looked at him apologetically and he sighed.

"I'm so sorry I was thinking of something else, your story was very interesting, I don't know why I wasn't paying attention." I quickly explained.

"Bitch its fine, but what's got you so worried?  Your gonna get worry lines if you keep making that frowny face." He asked me.

I couldn't tell him the truth, that I was getting upset cause I saw my two day boyfriend with Michael and two girls at MacDonald's. So I went with a better excuse.

"Uhm its nothing really, I was just wondering how I'm gonna pay you guys back for this." I lied perfectly.

"Mandy we told you, you don't have to pay us back, we wanted to do this but if it bothers you that much you can just promise us that in class you will always be our partner in all group work or assignments." They both smiled at me and I smiled back and said a quick deal. I can say that I am so lucky to have them around and  glad they came into my life at this time.

While we were at the mall I kept thinking about Michael and Darius. Earlier on Darius  couldn't stand Michael, but now their going to the mall together with two girls. I tried calling Darius while we were eating but he just looked at his phone and ignored it. I felt my heart shatter.

After a few minutes of coming up with reasons why he would ignore me. I ended up just telling myself that he was just trying not to be rude. Since he was out with his friends and it would be rude if he answered a call while with them.
And he's allowed to drape his arm around anyone he pleases, right?

After eating we went to the beach and just sat and ate ice cream because we didnt have our swim suites with us, and I for one was glad.

After sitting for a while they took me home and went to their own homes too.
I came home and showed Aiden my new bracelet and he told me how happy he was that I had such good friends and I thanked him and gave him a hug before going upstairs to my room.

I took a bath and got unto my pajamas since it was late. I decided to text my mom that I'm back and I had fun she responded with a quick I'm happy for you and I shut my phone.

Even though I have tried to forget that Darius was at the mall today and he didn't tell me, and he ignored my phone call and hasn't spoken to me all day, something kept reminding me, something didn't feel right.

I couldn't wait for him to text me so I took my phone and texted him.

Me: Hey Darius.

I wait for a few minutes for him to reply but nothing, so I decide to go downstairs to the back door and I go outside with my phone and sit on the bench. I needed some fresh air cause I had started to get hot and a little dizzy. As I was looking at the trees swaying and the stars twinkling in the night sky I hear my phone buzz. I pick it up to check who it is.

Darius: Hi mandy baby how are you my sweetheart.

I start to blush at the pet names he's calling me.

Me: I'm fine, I just wanted to text you to see how you're doing that's all.

Darius: I'm fine baby. Just that I was missing you so much. I miss your lips 😌😌😋. I miss kissing you.

Me: I missed you too.🙈🙈.

      : what did you do today.

It took him a few minutes to reply back to me and said he was just at home missing me.

He lied to me.

Why was he lying?

That just makes me feel even more upset.
Why would he lie to me, if he would have told me he was out with Michael and a few friends I would've been fine with it, but he just lied to me.

After talking to Darius I powered down my phone and left it in my drawer. It just baffles me, as to why he had to lie.

I couldn't sleep at night because all I could think about was Darius and his lie. I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or if this is normal in relationships but I'm gonna have to ignore it. The last thing I need right now if for Darius to get mad at me or break up with me.

Since I couldn't get any sleep I decided to just watch some funny videos on my phone to pass time. As I was watching them I get a notification on my phone.

It says Michael_Davis wants to send me a message.

That's weird.

The only Michael Davis I know is the one from school, but why would he want to send me a message.

I quickly accept it and read the text he sent me.

Michael:  hey Mandy. Sorry to just text you like this but I just wanted to check up on you.

Why would Michael wanna check on me. Doesn't he dislike me or something.

I don't want to ignore him but I don't want to reply either.
I don't know what to say to him.
What if he's messing with me?
What if Jason put him up to this?

After 30 minutes of me sitting on my bed and trying to decide if I should do this or not I end up just texting a 'Hey' back and just shut my phone off to avoid any other conversations.

I slept facing up and looked at the ceiling fan for two minutes and started to get drowsy and fell into a peaceful slumber.