chapter 9

"Oh hey new boy, didnt know you were out here." Darius said whilst laughing.
I studied Micheals face noticing how red his face was and how awkward he looks.

"Were you here long?" Darius asked him with a cheeky smile grin.

"Uhm n-no I-I wasn't here th-that long, I just came now Jason just left for P.E and I just came here to drop this form off to Mr Patterson." He explained, he kept stealing glances at me, and his eyes could not stay in one place he kept looking around.
Thank goodness he wasn't here very long, I would be so embarrassed if he had heard everything we had just done in there.

"Oh what is that?" I asked. I was also supposed to be in PE class now but I'm late and coach Carter is gonna have my head.

Maybe if I walk back with Michael he will think that I was with the new kid so thats why I'm late.
"Michael I can wait with you and walk you back to the gym." I offered.

"Uuh su....." He was interrupted by Darius speaking.
"Why do you wanna walk back with him, I can walk you to your next class." He said looking confused.
"I know you can but since I'm late and coach Carter is going to be mad if I enter late without a reason, I thought maybe I could go with Michael since he's new coach would take it easier on me." I explained to him.

"But Mandy...." He started. But I cut him off by holding his hand.
"Its fine Darius, I'll be fine, I'll see you after school." I looked into his eyes to convince him to agree with this.
"Okay fine, I understand, I'll see you after school." He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me hard before he left without even saying goodbye to Micheal.

Mr Patterson walks inside his classroom and Micheal gives him the forms he had to give him then we were on our way.
I don't know if it was just me or Micheal was acting really weird with me. He kept averting his eyes many places and sometimes I would catch him stealing glances at me. Have I done something wrong? Do I have something on me? Or maybe Jason has told him some lie about me.
I couldn't keep asking myself these questions, I had to ask him what's wrong, and if he says something mean to me or lashes out on me then I guess I'll just have to handle it like a big girl and just walk away.

"What's wrong Micheal?" I blurt.

"What do you mean?" He asked back, even though he knows exactly what I mean.

"Micheal come on I know something's wrong, just tell me, did I do something that upset you or did Jason and Megan tell you some things?" I ask carefully.

"Nothing is wrong just let it go okay just drop it, geez your not my girlfriend so stop grilling me." He said. I could tell he was getting annoyed.

"O-okay,  I'm sorry." I look down at my feet and carry on walking in silence. We get to the gymnasium and I enter along with Michael. We explain to coach Carter why we were late and he tell us it should never happen again. I go and change into my PE  kit and head back into the gym.
I wore some running tights and a big t shirt to cover myself up. Being around all these fit and beautiful students makes me feel even worse about myself.

"Okay students, today we will not be doing any running or obstacle courses, we will be dancing today. So I want everyone to go into groups of 4 or more and choose a song you and your group will dance to. After that you can spend the rest of the period practicing  it and when you are ready you can present it in front of the class. It will be worth  one third of your final grade so be serious about it and do your best."

Oh no. I love dancing so much and I'd like to think I'm good at it, my only problem is the group thing. Nobody ever wants to be in the same group as me. I'm always alone when doing projects or any school work, but coach Carter isn't like other teachers, he won't let me be alone he'll just force people to be with me, then I get called names and you know the rest.

I watch as everyone goes into their groups and get comfortable and I'm just standing there.
I suddenly hear some laughter coming from the far end of the gym and I see Jason with Megan, Michael, Andrea and Samantha just looking at me and laughing.
I just sit down and wait for coach Carter to address me. After 2 minutes coach Carter starts checking on everyone and notices me alone. He pinches the bridge of his nose ans lets out a heavy sigh, and I chew the inside of my cheeks nervously.

"Okay guys Mandy is here alone can someone please please accept her into their group or someone start a new group with her and I'm not joking guys, if none of you do it your all getting zeros." He shouts to them and everyone starts booing and groaning and giving me ugly looks and glares. I just carry on looking down.

"Oh come on coach, why do we have to suffer because she's a loser." Somebody shouts out from the back and everyone laughs.

"I don't care, just do as I told you or its a zero, and for that comment you just made, now its gonna be, if you don't do as I say you'll all get zeros and you'll run laps after school."

"I'll be in her group." Someone blurts. I look up to see Jenny Mccibin a girl in my class who's pretty cool and very beautiful, she's never been mean to me but she's never really talked to me before. I watch her as
She gets up from her group and walks over to me and gives me a smile that I return and she sits down.

"Thank you Jenny, is anyone else gonna  volunteer?" Coach asks

"Me to coach!" I hear a voice say and look up to see Jeremy stand up from his group. Jeremy is a gay boy in my class he's super funny and has amazing hair and has the most amazing fashion sense I've ever seen. I watch as his friend tries to pull him back down but he slaps her arm.

"Let me go bitch, I need me some marks and you can't dance for shit, I'll see you later." Everyone laughs and I see the girl shrink in her place. Jeremy walks up to us and greets us with a wide grin.
Theres only one person left to join me and this new group I have which I am surprised I have. I didnt think anyone would actually volunteer to be in my group even if they were threatened to get a zero. I just thought maybe they would be dragged by coach.

"One more person is needed, anyone wanna step forward or do I need to pick someone?"

"I'll go." We all looked in the direction where the voice came from and watched as Michael stood up and walked towards me.