chapter 29

I open my eyes to find myself laying in a small bed. I hear beeping.

It was hard to open my eyes fast since the light was too bright.

Where am I?

I look around the room as soon as my eyes had adjusted to the light and realise I'm in a hospital bed.

I start to worry and try and stand up. To my side I see Jen, Jer, Aiden and my mom sitting in the far end of the room.

"No no sweetie don't move just lay down and I'll go get the doctor and tell him you're awake." My mom says while going out the room to go get the doctor.

"What happened?" I ask. My throat was dry and my brother could see it, without me having to say he grabs the cup next to me and pours me some water and helps me drink it with a straw.

My head was paining so bad. It feels like I've been hit by a train.

"Well we were at the shop buying supplies for our sleepover, we left you for a few minutes to go get the drinks and when we came back you were breathing heavily and you were on the floor. Luckily some man was able to call the ambulance quickly and you got some medical attention fast." Jenny explained.

I don't even remember anything after reading that text message from Darius. I wonder what was happening. Just as I was about to ask for more details the door opens and my mom and someone I suppose is my doctor comes in.

"Hi miss Makhenzi, I am your doctor Dr Smith. How are feeling now?" The doctor says. He looks very familiar like I know him from somewhere.

"Hi doc, well my head is very painful but either than that everything else feels good." I reply truthfully.

"Okay that's very good, it's normal to have some head pains after what you went through but I'll prescribe some pills that you can drink for a couple of days so it goes away." He responds while writhing something in his notepad.

"Dr what happened to me exactly?" I ask. I want to know the reason for this happening because it's never happened before.

"Well miss Makhenzi you had what we call a panic attack. You collapsed and you had trouble breathing. You were very lucky my to be in a public area because you got help fast." He explains to me. I look at my brother and he has this guilty look on his face.

I look at my mom and she looks like she wants to cry and my friends have these sympathetic looks on their faces.

"Mom don't cry I'm okay now and Aiden don't feel guilty, it's all okay I'm alright." I try to reassure them.

"I'm okay jen and, you too Jer." I address them next.

I wonder why all of the sudden I got a panic attack. I have never had one before so why now?

After a few hours of just sitting and chilling with my friends I am allowed to go home.
My mom and Aiden came in my mom's car and Jeremy and Jen came in a separate car.
I would've thought my mom would want me to ride with her and go home since she's the over protective type, but she actually said I could go with my friends and carry on with my sleepover.

Aiden and my mom were acting very weird, I don't know if it's because of the shock they had hearing that I was in hospital or there's something else.

We had arrived at Jen's house and my head wasn't paining as it was at the hospital since I drank one of the pills in the car ride here.

We were all.watching a horror movie called IT I had watched it before but didn't want to ruin it for Jen and Jer since they really wanted to watch it so I acted as if it's my first time. I've always been a pennywise fan for some reason.

Just as I was watching the kid following the balloon my phone dings, signalling I just got a text message. I take my phone and check who it's from and Darius's name appears. My heart flutters and I start to smile to myself.

From Darius: you okay babe? You kinda ignored me when I was talking to you earlier.

I totally forgot to tell Darius about me going into hospital.

To Darius: yeah, sorry, I'm fine I just got dizzy at the mall and kinda fainted I was at the hospital a few hours ago but I'm back now. I'm feeling better.

From Darius: what! I'm so sorry babe. I'm glad your feeling better 😥😥 I want you to be feeling good next week. 😃

I thought maybe he was gonna ask me what happened or if I'm feeling better or even if I need anything, not remind me about next week. Maybe he's just too excited and I would be too. I think he didn't ask much because I told him I was fine.

To Darius: don't worry I'll be fine.

From Darius: what are you up to?

To Darius: nothing much I'm just hanging out with Jenny and Jeremy. We're having a sleep over.

From Darius: didn't you just say you came from hospital? Shouldn't you be like, on best rest or something?

To Darius: I thought so too but guess my mom thought I was well enough to still go. She was right cause I'm feeling fine but I still have to take these pills.

I look up for a second to check what's going on in the movie to find it paused. I truth to look at Jeremy and Jenny to find them looking at me with weirdly large smiles on their faces.

"What?" I ask.

"Who are you texting?" Jeremy asks creeping up to me with a very weird smile.

"Nobody I was just checking something online." I lie while smiling.

"Really? What were you checking online huh?" Jen asks while crossing her arms in front of her chest while looking at me with a small smile.

"Uh I was checking the.......weather. I wanted to see if it was going to rain tomorrow at school." I lie again this time I laugh a little not being able to lie perfectly.

"You are lying you sneaky little girl. We're you texting Darius?" They both look at me with wide smiles.

"Okay, fine, yes I was texting Darius. He was asking me about my day and I explained what happened to me today. He was just telling me to get well soon." I explain. There's no need for me to tell them about what Darius and I are planning for next week. Well more like this week Saturday now.

"Awwww you two are so adorable I just want to squeeze your cheeks." Jen says while squeezing my cheeks and I slightly slap her fingers away.

After gossiping and eating a bunch of junk we decided it was time to go to sleep. I check my phone for any messages and I see that I don't have so I shut my phone and drift off to sleep dreaming of Darius.