chapter 26

I had managed to move to the front of the crowd. I have no idea how many times I had to say 'excuse me' to all these people.

I have no idea what to do right now. I wanted to pull Darius out of there because I know he will get into a lot of trouble, more than he is in now, but I don't want to involve myself. What if he pushes me away again when I try to help him. What if he thinks I'm taking Michaels side. I have no idea what to do.

"What the fuck Darius, why would you shove me like that?" Michael asks in a deep angry voice.

"Why would you make Mandy cry?" Darius asks back with the same gruff voice.

"What the hell does that have to do with you? If she had a problem with me why couldn't she come here herself?" Michael spits back.

"Its got everything to do with me because she's my girlfriend and I love her. You have made her cry and I'm not gonna fucking stand there and watch my girl cry because of some fucking boy." Darius said.

He's doing all of this for me? He's actually getting into a fight with someone because they made me cry. I've never had anyone do that for me. Nobody has ever cared for me the way Darius does me.

"Oooh she's your girlfriend huh?" Michael laughs out.

I don't understand. Michael knows Darius and I are dating. He knows about us so I don't understand why he asked that.

"Y-yeah o-of course she's my girlfriend you know this." Darius replies. Why is he stuttering all of the sudden?

"Oh really now? That's interesting because Megan told me something different. Something very funny actually. I'm sure you would love to hear it Mandy."

It was then when Darius noticed I was right there watching them. I was so confused.
Darius looked scared and freaked out and Michael was looking smug.

What is Michael talking about, what did Megan tell him?

"Dude you better shut your fucking mouth up, before I do it for you." Darius demanded while gritting his teeth.

"No I think she should know, after all we're all being brave here." Michael continued.

I am so confused at the moment. I don't even know what to say or do. They are both speaking in a code that I don't understand but it involves me somehow.

"Fine. I'll go, but this so not over Davis." Darius said while walking away and grabbing me with him.

He squeezed us through the crowd to get out.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong but I think I deserve an explanation as to what happened back there.

When we were out of the large crowd and walking down the nearly empty hall I stop in my tracks and pull on his arm so he stops too.

"Darius what happened back there?" I asked him. He was breathing very heavily and looking in every direction except mine.

"Nothing happened, Michael was just being an ass." He said. He still wasn't looking at me.

"Darius that didn't look like nothing to me. You and Michael know something and its about me. What did he mean when he said 'I would love to hear it' what was he talking about, what would I love to hear?" I was starting to get a little mad at him now. He keeps looking at every thing around us except me and he's not taking this seriously. He keeps saying it's nothing.

"Mandy I said it's nothing okay!? Michael just heard a stupid rumour from Megan. You know how she is and I didn't want you to hear it because I knew it would make you upset." He shouted. He was only trying to stick up for me and protect me from getting upset by what Megan has to say about me.

I am such a bad person. Here I was accusing Darius about something and he was trying to protect me. I feel so horrible.

"Darius I'm sorry, I should've known you were just trying to protect me. I'm sorry." I apologize. I feel so bad. I had thought Darius was keeping secrets from me or something.
I'm so stupid, he's the only guy that cares for me and loves me and I'm here accusing him of bad things. I should be grateful for him.

"Its fine babe, just trust me okay? Trust me enough to know that I would never hurt you. Do you trust me Mandy?" Aww he's giving me the puppy dog eyes, and of course I trust him. What has he done to make me not trust him. He's been nothing but nice, kind and loving to me.

"Of course I trust you Darius, I'm sorry for acting that way. I trust you one hundred percent." I smile and he does too. He starts pulling me in some direction. It wasn't the way to my next class but I wasn't complaining.

"Darius where are you taking me?" I ask. I was a little excited, him pulling me to an unknown location and me skipping class for him and him skipping for me. It made me feel giddy and naughty.

"Just follow me and you'll find out." He smirked and winked at me. My face was red and hot at this moment. I cannot believe how much of an effect he has on me. With one little thing he does he has me blushing looking red as a tomato.

I follow him and see him enter the same class as last time. Both our eyes go directly to the table we had our first intimate experience. Darius smiles and looks at me. He grabs my hand and leads me to it.

"Do you remember?" He asked looking at me.

I blush and try to cover up my face.

"Dont be shy baby, it was a beautiful thing." He tried prying my fingers away from my face and I let him. Every time he touches me I feel this jolt of electricity throughout my whole body.

When my hands are off my face he moves in closer and our lips connect. Butterflies go wild in my stomach. I kiss him back and one thing led to another. Just to shorten it out for you We let history repeat itself.