chapter 20

I quickly close the piano and pack my things up.

"I'm so sorry sir, I came in here without your permission, I didn't think anyone was here at break and I wanted a quiet place to eat my lunch." I hurriedly explained.

He looked at me then at the door before he spoke.

"Listen Mandy if you want to do your teenage shenanigans please don't do it in here, respect the music room okay. And I heard you playing, you are very good, you have an amazing voice too." He complimented but he also said something about shenanigans.

"No sir I can assure you I was alone in here. I just came here to eat in peace and I saw a piano and decided to play a little. I promise it'll never happen again." I assured him.

"Mandy no need to lie to me. I saw Davis walking out of here when I came in and from the smile on his face he looked like someone who was happy for some reason." He explained with a small smile displayed on his face.

Michael was here? But I didn't see him. He must've been walking past and sir thought he was in here with me.

"Sir I'm being completely honest with you, I came in here alone and I was alone till you came in. I had no idea Michael was here and if he was then he made his presence unknown." I told him. I cannot have him thinking I'm the type of horny teenager who can't even survive a day without getting some from a guy. I respect music.
I would never do such a thing in a music room, never mind with Michael.

"Its okay Mandy I believe you because I know your not that type of student. I trust you. I was just teasing you, plus Michael is always here anyway." He smiled and started walking away.

"Wait sir, can I ask you what he does here?"
I ask hesitantly. I don't want him thinking I just want gossip or anything. I genuinely want to know what Michael could possibly be doing here everyday.

"Same thing you were doing here Miss Makhenzi." He smiled and walked away.

The whole day I managed to avoid Darius and went on with all my classes per usual.
I couldn't stop thinking about what Mr king said. Michael did say something about playing the guitar but I didn't think he played it in school. I'm not sure what Mr king meant by he's always here doing what was doing. Was he playing music? Was he eating lunch or was he also just trying to escape this world, but why would he want to escape this world his life is perfect.
He's got the looks, the money, the friends, the reputation and the girls. He can even dance for goodness sake. What could he possibly be trying to escape from?

When the bell rang for us to go home I hurriedly went to the janitors closet to go get my hoodie before I leave.

"Hey Mr B, I came to check in how my hoodie is doing. Did you manage to get the paint off of it?" The janitor is like my second father here. He's always checking up on me and whenever I get bullied he always comes and helps me. We've got a good relationship going. He tells me about his daughter and I tell him about my home life. He's like my shrink and I am his, without the payment of course.

He reaches on top of the storage room counters and gets my hoodie looking fresh and clean. It smells like lavender.

"It took a while but I finally got all the paint off its as good as new." He said while smiling and raffling my hair.

I giggle and give him a side hug.
"Thanks Mr B, see you tomorrow I gotta go, Aidens picking me up today." I tell him going out of the embrace.

"Oh wow that's good news, so you guys good now?" He asked since I haven't told him about my weekend he doesn't know that my brother and I talked and we're good now.

"Yeah we had a talk and we fixed things, so we good now." I beamed.

"Well I'm happy for you two, so let me not keep you, bye Mandy." He said while waving as I had started fast walking to the parking lot.

"Bye Mr B" I shouted and waved.

I walked up to the students parking but couldn't find my brothers car so I decided to wait for him.

Five minutes had passed and the school was starting to clear out. I was staring at my feet while sitting on the bench till I felt a shadow over me and a pair or expensive looking sneakers appeared in my line of vision.

I could already tell who it was by that cologne.
He reached his hand down for me to take and I looked up at him.

"What do you want Darius?" I asked

"I want to make things right Mandy." He replied back.

I just looked at him then his hand and took it. He pulled me up on my feet and looked at my face.

"Mandy I am so sorry, I shouldn't've said what I said to you, it was mean and insensitive of me to say that." He looked genuinely sorry. I could see by  his  face. His eyebrows furrowed and a sad look on his face.

What he said did hurt my feelings and he shouldn't have said it and he shouldn't have laughed about it too, but I can tell this has been eating him up so I can't stay mad at him.

"Mandy please look at me." He says as he lifts my head up by my chin using his index and middle finger.

I look at him for a few seconds before I speak.

"Darius, it's fine. You did hurt my feelings when you said that, but I forgive you." I cup his cheek with my chubby hand. I see his lips forming a small smile before it started to widen.

I can't help but smile too.
He pulls me closer to him till our bodies were touching and our noses touching.

"Really?" He asked while brushing our noses together.

"Yes Darius really...." He didn't even wait long before his lips were on mine. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. His kisses just made me feel weak in the knees. He rests his hands on my hips and I instinctively wrap my arms around his neck while kissing him back. Our kiss was short lived because we heard someone clear they're throat next to us.

We pull apart very fast to see my brother looking at us with an unreadable expression.