chapter 19

I felt it drip down my hoodie and my hair and on my bag.

Pink paint.
Everywhere.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I just stood there. I could hear them laughing at me. I could hear Mr Malik shouting at the students. This is the first time I've heard him shout this loud but I was too shocked to even react to it.

Never in my life would I have thought that these disgusting excuses of human beings would do this to me. I cannot believe they would go as far as dumping paint onto my head and clothes.

"Look, now you really look the part piggie."
Jason shouted to me and that made the whole class roar with laughter.

I looked up to Jason. I wanted to jump on him and attack him. I wanted to rip his fucking face off his head. I wanted to slap that smirk off his face, but I was stuck in that same position, making a bigger fool out of myself.

I watched as all my class mates laughed at me and I also saw Michael sitting there with Jason and Megan, he wasn't laughing but he was doing anything else either. I wanted to cry right there and then. Thats until I felt two sets of hands pulling me out of the classroom and into the halls that were already covered in tarp. It was just a small trail for me to walk on. I look to see Jeremy and Jen leading me towards the bathroom where the tarp trail ended.

"Come on mandy take the hoodie off and sit down." I hear Jen say as she tried to push me a little so I can sit down. I still haven't said a word to them since they brought me here.

Jeremy washed my hair quickly before the paint started to dry and got most of the paint off but it still had some pink in it but it looked like I had died my hair pink now it was fading away.  He dried it with the hand drier and brushed it with Jens brush while Jen asked the janitor for some supplies to wash myself with.

I had gotten all of the paint off my face and hands since I was wearing a hoodie my arms were safe but now I have nothing warm to wear and it's so cold.

After all the scrubbing and cleaning and washing we were finally done. I said thank you to Jeremy and Jen for their help.
It really means so much to me.
I don't know what I would've done without them in this situation.

When we were all done we started heading back to class and my mind was just filled with thoughts on what the class is going to say to me and what names they will be calling me. I stop a few steps away from our classroom and Jer and Jen look at me confused.
Then they realise why I stopped and they hurried to my side.

"Mandy it's okay, it's not gonna happen again, they wouldn't be dumb enough to do the same prank twice." Jen reassured me.

"But that's not the reason I don't want to get in. Jen I was just dumped in pink paint and called a pig and laughed at, I don't think I want to face those people again. Maybe I'll just call my brother and he'll pick me up." I say to her.

"Come on mandy you can't keep letting them win all the time. You can't keep running away from them or else they will carry on doing this to you. Stop running, face them,  We will be there with you, I promise." Jer said while rubbing my shoulder in a calming manner.

He's right I should stop running away, I should not let them win, but some things are better off said than done.

They both take my hands and we start walking into class. Mr Malik gives me a look asking me if I am okay and I give him a small nod and sit down in my seat.

During the lesson I could hear some students making pig noises behind me and snickering to themselves. I tried to ignore them and just concentrate on what sir was teaching us but they kept going on and on with them, and throwing papers at me. It was really starting to get on my last nerve.

The rest of the periods were the same as the first it was pig noises, snickering and throwing paper but I was so cold that none of that even mattered all I wanted was my hoodie.

My hoodie was being washed by the janitor and it had to be soaked for a couple of hours before the paint could come off so I was just in a big t-shirt. Today is not my day.

The bell rang for us to go to lunch and I exited the classroom before anyone could start with me again. I went straight to my usual lunch table and sat down. I started taking my lunch out and when someone sat across from me.
I could tell who it was by his scent.

"Hey baby how has your morning been?" Darius asked with a cute smile on his face.

I didn't want to tell him that I got dumped in paint today and was called a pig and laughed at. It's very embarrassing so I decide that I'm just going to say that it was boring as usual, but before I could speak he was already talking.

"Did you do something to your hair, like pink dye or something, it looks different and where is your hoodie, it's freezing today?" He asked confused while chewing on some pizza.

"I got into a little accident today and it ruined my hoodie." I didn't go into detail about what actually happened.

"I would give you my hoodie but I don't think it would fit you." He said with a neutral look on his face while carrying on eating.

Why on earth would he say that?
That's the worst thing a guy can say to his girlfriend. I could feel my face burning from the embarrassment and my stomach turned. I cannot believe he just said that to me. I know it's true but he could of just shut up about it.

I could feel tears stinging my eyes as I looked at him shocked as to why he would say that and not even care.

He looks up from his plate and does a double take at the expression on my face then he chuckles a little.

"Look Mandy you know that's not what I meant." He says while trying to hold my hand.

I don't say a word I just look at him in disbelief and he's smiling about it like it's funny.

"Mandy I'm sorry I really didn't mean it like that, I am so sorry I said it." He says to me.

"Then why the fuck are you smiling about it." I say back while my eyes are still wide open in disbelief and anger.

"Baby look I'm not smiling about that I'm sorry. Don't get upset."He said looking into my eyes.

I just stand up and leave with my lunch to go sit somewhere else. I don't know what's wrong with him. He's sweet sometimes but he's also a jerk sometimes.
He knows how much that would hurt me and he said it to my face, then smiled about it. Isn't he the one who's supposed to make me feel better not worse about myself

I was walking in the direction of the music room. The class is always empty so I could spend my whole break there.

I enter the classroom and sat down on the piano chair.

I start eating my sandwich silently indulged in my thoughts when I was done with it I started to look around the music room. It had so many instruments, some I don't even know of.

I open the piano and press one key.
I've always loved the piano.
To me, it's one of the most beautiful instruments ever. It's classy and is so calming.

I start playing drivers license on it. I start with the introduction closing my eyes and letting the music take me.
As I am playing upstart to sing the song too.
I am so lost in the lyrics and the melody I am playing, my eyes are closed my heart is content, my mind is clear I feel like I'm not in this world.

And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way, for no one.
Oh oh and I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone.
Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me.
You said forever now I drive alone past your street.

I opened my eyes and gasped at who was in front of me.