chapter 25

I stand still by the door and watch as Darius comes in and engulfs me in a hug. I don't hug him back because I was so confused as to what was happening.

He stops hugging me and looks at me with a startled and worried expression.

"Mandy why were you crying?" He asks searching my face or by kind of answer.

"I wasn't crying, some sand got into my eyes while I was outside so I come to wash it off." I lied. I know it's wrong but I don't want to tell him about Michael.I know he hates the guy and me telling him about what happened will only make it worse.

"At break time, Jason said he saw you with Michael. Then now when you walked in here they said you were crying." He puts the pieces together.

"Did Michael say something to you?" He asked half angry half scared.

"No Darius I told you something got into my eyes." I lied, this time I was looking down so he couldn't see my face.

"Mandy just tell me what he said to you!" He shouted and I jumped a little.

"Fine!" I say back.

"I asked him personal question and I guess he didn't like me meddling in his business so he kinda flipped on me, but it's fine really I was being very intrusive and I shouldn'tve asked him that question." I didn't want Darius to think that Michael is a bad person. It was my Fault for being nosey. I should have minded my own business.

"That doesn't fucking matter to me Mandy, he made you cry and he's going to pay. Nobody messes with my girl and gets away with it." He growls. He looked kind relieved at first when I told him and that mad me kind of confused but now all.I see is anger written on his face.

I'm not gonna lie, when he said I was his girl I was blushing like mad. He called me his girl and he's getting angry because another guy hurt my feelings, made me cry.

Nobody has ever cared if someone has hurt me, and seeing Darius getting all worked up doesn't only make me happy but makes him look even sexier, if that's even possible.

"Where is he?" He asked. I quickly shake all the thoughts of him and his sexiness and try to talk him out of dealing with Michael.

"No Darius, it's fine you don't have to do that. What Michael said was justified." I try to calm him down but it wasn't working.

"No Mandy just tell me where he is now!" He boomed in the girls bathroom.

"Darius come on, please just calm down. I can think of other things we could do instead of going to Michael." I seductively suggest. I don't know why I did that or even know what on earth I was thinking when I was doing that.

I had my hand around the back of his neck. I was looking at him waiting for his response but he just pushed me away slightly without looking at me. I just embarrassed myself so bad. Why would I think Darius would even like the idea or doing something.

I look down at my feet, my face red with embarrassment. I couldn't even look at Darius the way I was so embarrassed.

Instead of just chilling in the girls bathroom with a boy and risk getting caught, I start to exit the bathroom and Darius follows me.
I don't even ask him where he's going I just keep my head down and try to reach my class.

I soon reach my classroom and Darius was still following me.

"Darius aren't you supposed to be in your class right now?" I asked confused as to why he was still following me.

"Mandy I'm due here right now." He responds.

I forgot all about him having to do some extra work in order to graduate. I always thought Darius was smart he used to get awards and certificates last year so I'm confused as to how he ended up falling behind because of his behavior. He was troublesome, but could handle his education and wild life, he made sure that one didn't distract the other.

I don't reply back I just walk into my class and apologize to my teacher for coming in late, he tell me to never do it again and I take my seat.

Darius could sense something was off with me because he kept looking at me. He kept giving Michael angry glares and giving me quick glances.

I tried to concentrate in class but my mind kept drifting to Darius pushing me away. I kept thinking about how embarrassed I felt when he did. I don't know what came over me when I suggested doing that with him. It's not something I would do or say to a guy so I'm not sure what was going on.

The period ends and I pack my things quickly to avoid any conversation with anyone. As I exit the classroom I hear a big bang and loud noises coming from it.

I really don't want to go back to check it out because I don't care but something's telling me I should.
As I went back I saw a huge crowd now filling the classroom, even people who weren't due to that class.

I try and look over the crowd but I'm too short. Why did I have to be so short. I would rather be short than tall though. Just imagine me being fat then tall. I would be a giant.

I step closer to the scene and I could not believe my eyes. Darius and Michael were having a fight. They haven't started hitting each other yet but I could tell it was leading there. They were both shouting at each other. Veins popping out of their strong necks and their veins in their arms were pulsating from them holding their fists that hard.