➤ twelve . . .

"A COOKING BATTLE? HA! NOW THAT . . .

brings back memories." Shinomiya chuckled lightly, reminicing the harsh times he had to adjust to the area and the dishes they were said to make.

"A cooking battle with an opponent who's currently a student is not without precedent. But, it does require the consent of both parties, doesn't it?" The man questioned, turning his back to the kids and heading for the door.

"I'm afraid that I have no intention of accepting your challenge. There is nothing you can do. And, you can't use the niece card on me, Y/N." He added, tucking his hands inside the pockets of his pants, even glaring at you. Though you couldn't feel any anger behind it, it seems as though he still has a heart for his family and relatives.

"Why? Scared to be beaten up by mere students like us?" You told him, giving out a sly smirk to his earnest face. It did show no intentions to participate in a unnecessary shokugeki. 

"Tadokoro Megumi's expulsion is final-"

"What do you think, Dojima-san?" You lazily gazed up at the man, his eyes grew big, he didn't think that you will know that he's here all the time.

"Well, let's not be too hasty. Looks like you have quite an interesting situation developing here, Shinomiya." Dojima said, left arm leaning on something. 

"Dojima-san?" The pink haired guy mumbled.

You went towards Megumi as you started wiping her tears while flashing a very wholesome in comforting smile.

"It's fine, please. Don't waste your tears into this." You brushed your thumb over her cheekbone, wiping more tears that spilled from her almond colored eyes. She just started to cry even more because of your statement.

"Please don't risk your reputation just for me to be here in this school." She started to sob more, avoiding you gaze because of the embarrassment she left. You only chuckled, taking her shaking hand and giving her a handkerchief you had kept in your pocket for luck.

"You know what they say, birds of the same feather flock together. We're not leaving one baby hatchling behind."  

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

"Hm, I see.." Dojima mumbled, tasting the dish that Megumi made. Inui Hinako had also did the same, taking in longer to let the taste sit in her taste buds.

"Tadokoro Megumi's dish is delicious!" Inui exclaimed, after realizing how the flavors complimented each other. She took another scoop with her spoon and brought it to her mouth once more to taste the savory goodness the dish yielded.

"I know, right?! I don't know what came to this old man's brain." You said, pouting. The female laughed at your remark.

 "Maybe it's the old age."

"Why you-!" Shinomiya's hands was raised up in the air to inflict a slap somewhere. He sighed deeply before letting both of his hand fall to his side knowing hurting a minor could sent him to prison at some point. You stuck out your tongue in victory. Being a minor in this situation seemed to be a huge advantage.

"Why not just let her pass? You're so stubborn, Shinomiya-senpai! How mule headed! Narcissist! Poser!" Inui was teasing the poor male when Shinomiya suddenly grabbed Inui's head.

"Shut your disrespectful mouth, Hinako." Shinomiya said.

"S-S-S-Sorry." 

"It hurts!" Inui muttered, making you giggle as you took her hand and rubbed it to ease the slight pain she felt.