I Love You (Rikey)

No TWs

It was late at night, probably around 4am. Mikey had just given birth to the sweetest little girl ever. She was identical to Mikey in almost every aspect, the fluffy dark hair and the pretty brown eyes. There were pink blotches on her face, but they were beginning to fade into a pale colour.

Ray couldn't sleep. Perhaps it was the droning of the machines, his fear of hospitals or the uncomfortable cot he was lying on, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldnt.

He pulled the covers off of himself and pulled up a plastic chair next to Mikeys bed. Mikey was in the middle of a well deserved deep sleep, with their new born daughter sleeping on his chest. She was small, possibly the smallest baby Ray had ever seen. The doctor said it was because Mikey was quite skinny and lanky. She was a healthy baby, despite being below average size.

"God...You're both so stunning.." Ray whispered, placing a hand on his daughters back, "Hey Helena...You look just like your mommy. Thats why you're so beautiful, just like mommy."

He watched as his baby breathed in and out, chest falling and rising against his palm. The baby he had waited nine months to meet, the baby who had made Mikey throw up every morning, made him waddle like a penguin and gave him the cutest baby bump ever. Pregnancy did wonders on Mikeys skin, it gave his face a radiant glow. Mikey had always been very beautiful, and very insecure about his body.

Ray assured Mikey that he was beautiful, and he had never been as fascinated with baby bumps until Mikey got pregnant. He was fascinated with the way the shirt began to hug his belly and his hips, outlining the bump perfectly. Ray loved to feel his baby bump, feel the babys feet tapping against Mikeys stretched skin.

"You're a little miracle, y'know? Me and mommy weren't expecting to have you. Mommy was so scared when he got pregnant, but i promised i'd be there for both of you. Im glad we decided to settle down and keep you, cause now you're here, and you're so pretty."

Mikey stirred a little, grunting as he shifted around. Ray gently lifted Helena off of his chest, and held her gently in his arms. He shushed her as she cooed and gurgled.

"You really look like mommy. We love you so much Helena. You're gonna have a cousin too, Uncle Gee is due anytime now. Crazy, huh? Uncle Gee and mommy both found out they were having babies in the same week. Your Uncle Gee and Uncle Frank are coming to see you tomorrow. They've only seen photos of you, and they agree that you're stunning. Just like your mom. Don't give mommy a hard time though. Hes very tired right now, and hes in quite a bit of pain. If you wanna fuss, do it before we go to bed, so mommy doesn't have to wake up in the middle of the night, okay?"

She stared up at Ray with chestnut brown eyes, filled with wonder and confusion.

"You don't understand me, huh? Mommy is very scared right now. Hes scared hes not going to be good enough, hes scared that he wont be a good mom. Hes...Hes nervous. I am too, but i promise im never going to leave. Im not going to leave mommy to look after you alone, because he makes me very happy, when he told me we were having a baby, he made me cry because i was so happy. Hes the most perfect man in the world, and id be the worst to leave him. Hes honestly perfect. Hes scared, but we're gonna show him that he can do this, arent we?"

Ray lifted his head up when he heard Mikey shuffling around in his bed, and then letting out confused and worried whimpers.

"B-Baby..?" He mumbled, "Wheres baby..?"

Ray knew what was wrong; Mikey knew he fell asleep with the baby in his arms, and now she wasn't with him.

"Mikes, its okay, shes here.."