Unique (Rikey)

"Shit!" Mikey cursed quietly as he sat up from where he laid flat on the bed. Although he was glad to welcome another baby to his family, there was always something about the pregnancy that bothered the heck out of him. He found out a month back that like with his first pregnancy, the back pain would be what he would endure.

He thought back pain would beat throwing up all the time, but now experiencing it for a second pregnancy, he wasn't so sure now.

It was all worth it though, Mikey kept reminding himself. He wanted to rid of this back pain, but not enough to rush the pregnancy along. It wouldn't be good for the baby. He always worried whatever he thought would come true, but he blamed that on his emotions and mood swings.

Since he stayed home and just made sure not to stress himself out, he spent his time comparing his two pregnancies. He experienced back pain with both. Grace had made him super sensitive to certain foods, but she wasn't a picky eater whereas he was fine with everything now. He did throw up more this time around than when he was first pregnant.

Regardless of the differences and similarities, he still had his family who would care for him. Ray was the best husband ever doing whatever he could to make Mikey comfortable. Once upon a time, Ray would race back home just to talk to Grace, who kept kicking Mikey. Baby Rowan did not kick as much as Grace did, which Mikey thought was a relief. Grace would sometimes do it randomly, especially when he tried to get some rest.

When Gerard and Frank moved to Los Angeles, so did they. There was no way anyone was going to separate the Way brothers. All of them were doing what they had always wanted. Gerard was a comic book writer - The Umbrella Academy being such a hit. Together, Ray and Frank started up a music company. Mikey had Electric Century with David. They were all happy doing what they loved.

Mikey was delighted that they had all been blessed with little angels. Two years after Grace was born, Gerard announced he was with pregnant. Mikey had been over the moon to meet his niece and knew Grace and Bandit would be great cousins to each other.

He was euphoric about his life. He had everything he wanted and needed right now. He couldn't ask for more.

"Honey, I'm home!" Mikey smiled and rolled his eyes hearing Ray holler at him. Since he was seven months pregnant and his back loved to act like a bitch to him, Ray thought it was best he pick up Grace after school since she was attending kindergarten now. It was no trouble to Ray, saying that even if he couldn't do it they would figure out something.

He is the man with a plan, Mikey thought jokingly.

Mikey missed having Grace at home with him. He had gotten so used to having his little girl at home with him. When she turned four, he felt like time was going by so quick since she would have to start school not long after. He missed seeing those bouncing curls (identical to Ray's) follow him throughout the house.

Before she started kindergarten, they would go out of the house. Sometimes they would head to the parks or shops. He would take her to his favorite comic book store in Los Angeles - The Secret Headquarters. It brought him the utmost joy that he successfully converted his daughter into the cult of comics. Gerard was proud of him too.

Mikey remembered the days they would come back from the comic book store, especially when Ray had gotten home early. The afro-haired man would giggle seeing the newly purchased comics for his husband and daughter. Grace would excitedly show and tell to Ray about the comics they had bought. He knows she would have taken comics to school if they allowed it.

Ray and he worried when they found out they were expecting again on how Grace would react. She had been the only baby in the family until Bandit was born and even after, she was excited to meet her cousin. They thought that it was different since Bandit was her cousin and not her sibling. They found out that their little princess was okay with the idea of having a little brother or sister. She was excited to meet them.