The Collapser (FunKobra)

Running around a hot desert at 38 weeks pregnant was the most challenging thing Kobra had ever done. All thanks to Ghoul, his boyfriend. Now, they were expecting a baby together.

They were lost from the others after a romantic drive to zone 1 went wrong. Dracs found them and now they were cooped up in a basement of an old factory. Kobra was dying from the extreme heat.

"Take your jacket off, you're burning hot right now.." Ghoul whispered, footsteps being heard from above them. They had to be as quiet as possible, if they didn't want to be caught.

BLI had been after the Killjoys for a while, they were threats to BLI and therefore needed to be exterminated. When they learnt about Kobras pregnancy, they were desperate for him. Every other day, Dracs would be swarming the zones to find him, take his child and run tests since its the product of two cisgender men.

"I'm not risking losing it. Just relax, i'll be.." Kobra let out a grunt of pain. A shooting pain ran down his spine, it had been doing for weeks but this felt different. Braxton Hicks frightened the fuck out of him, every single time, the Killjoys would have him prepare to deliver only to find that the contractions were fake.

"Are you okay..?"

"Yeah, baby's just a little active right now. Shut the fuck up, it likes your voice." The baby wasn't really kicking much, it was more of a twisting sensation. Kobra knew the difference between a movement and an actual kick.

"No, it knows their mama is a karate expert and its proud of their origins. Isn't that right?" Ghoul grinned, attempting to place a hand over Kobras baby bump. Kobra immediately pulled away, causing Ghoul to jump a little. "Dracs right above us.." Ghoul whispered.

The footsteps grew closer to the door they entered from, and right then was when Kobra felt a sudden relief, panic immediately settling in when his pants became soaked and he felt the worst pain he had ever experienced.

"Ghoul...I-I think i'm in labor..." Kobra clenched his teeth when he was hit with another contraction. There was no way he was going to give birth to his son or daughter in a dusty old basement.

Ghoul snapped his head around from where he knelt in front of the door to shoot unwanted Dracs. "Did your water break?"

"Y-Yeah...Fuck.." He whined. They had left all the baby stuff they gathered in the back of the Trans Am. The Girl, Jet Stars biological daughter, and the other Killjoys had been incredibly helpful and found a lot for Kobra and the baby. Though they didn't know the gender of it, or even if it was a single baby or even twins, there was quite a lot of things for the new arrival.

Ghoul knew that in a few hours, Kobra would be screaming. He had well prepared himself to help Kobra deliver by reading a pregnancy book they found in an empty store. They had a plan but it was now completely useless; it involved the others.

Ghoul was squeamish, he wanted to stay away from the gross anatomy downwind. He wanted to just be there for Kobra, to hold his hand and tell him he's doing a good job. Party offered to the one to clean the baby up when it joined the world, and Jet had absolutely no problem with being the one to deliver the baby, and to help the baby out. The Girl had her part
to play; she was going to be helping Ghoul to keep Kobra calm. It was their plan and they constantly reminded themselves of it.

"Okay...Get into that corner over there. Theres a broken mattress. Just get yourself onto that and try not to scream."

Kobra did what he said, he lay down on the mattress and removed his jacket. They didn't have a towel big enough to wrap around a child, there was only one that they could use a makeshift diaper outfit of.

He unzipped his boots and put them to the side, tears pouring as he removed his soaked pants and underwear and got himself ready to give birth.

-

Kobras labor progressed quickly. Within the hour, he was pushing. He had never felt such pain. They had found a way to stop Kobra from making too much noise; he was biting down on a cloth. It was awful but it was the only way to stop him from screaming too loud.

"Hey, baby...If we have a girl, we gotta number the girls. Or if its a boy...theres The Girl and The Boy." Ghoul smiled to lighten Kobras mood.

Ghoul could've vomited all over Kobra when the baby's head was crowning. Instead, he used an old shirt they found as a towel to guide the head out.

"Push Kobra...You can do it." Kobra began pushing again, making muffled sobs from above Ghoul. He needed someones hand to hold, but the baby needed help to get out. Ghoul felt awful that Kobra couldn't hold his hand.

Within ten minutes, the head was out. From what Ghoul could see of the baby, he or she had dark hair on top, just like Ghoul. The babys eyes were shut, Ghoul used the shirt to clean off the blood from its head, when he saw the first shoulder almost out.

"Great job Kobra, keep going! Almost there." Ghoul reassured him, freeing one hand to quickly rub up his boyfriends leg. Kobra whined and let out a muffled yell as he pushed once more.

Kobra was kicking ass. Within two minutes of pushing, the first shoulder was out. After that, Ghoul managed to get the rest of the baby out with ease. Kobra removed the cloth from his mouth, panting and gasping for a breath of air. Ghoul immediately started to clean the baby off as he cried into his father's arms.

He wrapped the baby up in Kobras red jacket before placing him against Kobras chest, pulling down the tank top for skin to skin contact. "I have a son.." Was all he could choke out with tears pouring down his face.

"We agreed on Liam James, right? Your middle name, James?" Kobra just nodded at Ghouls words, in his own little world.

Liam held onto Kobras shirt tightly, he was small and scrawny, a mix of Kobra and Ghoul. His eyes were dark brown and the hair on his head was so fluffy. He was exactly like Ghoul with a little Kobra mixed in.

Life outside was something they didn't want Liam to grow up in. Liam should be allowed to run around with his cousin when he grew up, not hiding for his life and watching his parents kill. Liam needed a Killjoy name.

"He's The Collapser. Thats his Killjoy name." Kobra said with a soft smile, using his thumb to wipe away a little tear on Liams cheek.

"But he's always gonna be my little Liam. My son.." Ghoul sobbed, joining Kobra on the mattress and using one hand to touch Liams soft hair. "We should be running. We need to find the others, now. They have the baby stuff and we're fucked if we cant get it."

-

The conversation in the Trans Am was all whispered as Liam slept in Ghouls arms. Kobra was having a nap on Jets lap, Party drove and The Girl was just staring at Liam. The only conversation was between Ghoul and Party.

"Thank God you found us...Kobra had to give birth in the basement without making a sound. He did so well.." Ghoul said with a soft smile, as the baby boy in his arms stared up at him.

"Don't worry about it. Wow, he's just like you." Party said with a little chuckle, poking a finger at Liams chest. "So, whats his name? I know he's Liam, but whats his Killjoy name."

Ghoul just smiled. "The Collapser. Thats his Killjoy name."