Sixteen (Rikey)

Being eight months pregnant in high school was never going to be easy. Mikey knew he shouldn't have decided to get active with his boyfriend, but things happen and there wasn't anything he could do now. His parents weren't as mad as he thought they'd be when he told them he accidentally got pregnant. He was scared they'd throw him out, but all they did was give him a long chat about why he shouldn't have had sex.

Ray was the worst person to tell. Mikey felt sick with fear when he approached Ray that day, pregnancy test in hand. He remembered breaking down in front of Ray after telling him, and Ray just holding him to calm him down. Ray told Mikey he needed to decide what he was going to do, he wasn't at all surprised when Mikey told him he wanted to carry it. Mikey knew he'd never have the strength to end a pregnancy before he got to give the baby a chance. He knew he wouldn't be able to abort a baby. Ray told Mikey that it was absolutely his decision and that Ray doesn't get a say in what he does, much to Mikeys relief. He was scared Ray would get mad and force him to abort their baby, but he knew deep down that Ray was an absolute sweetheart who'd never force Mikey to do things if he didn't want to.

Ray quietly scooted his desk chair closer to Mikeys, as Mikey paid attention to the teacher in the front. He found it surprisingly easy to concentrate in class, even with a nine pound baby killing his back.

"You okay?" Ray asked.

"Yeah, don't worry Ray. You don't need to ask every five minutes."

Mikey wasn't exactly fine. He had these cramps in his lower body that no matter how much he shifted around, he couldn't seem to get rid of. If the last eight months had taught him anything, it was that pregnancy fucking sucks.

"I can't help it Moiks. You and Grace mean a lot to me." Mikey was more than thankful that Ray wasn't a complete ass about Mikeys pregnancy. He wasn't just going to support every so often, Ray and Mikey had a plan. Ray would come by after school every day, since Mikey would have to leave to take care of the baby, he'd stay for a few hours or sleep over, and they'd alternate from sleeping at each other's houses at the weekends. Ray was very excited to meet his little girl, too. Mikey knew Ray was going to be a great dad, he knew he scored with Ray.

"You and Grace mean a lot to me too. I just have those cramps again.."

"You should go to the nurses office, they'll call my mom to pick you up." Mikey had done that a few times. Donna and Donald both worked while Mikey was in school, Gerard was also not home either. Gerard was in college in Wisconsin and was rarely home, he stayed with a friend in a dorm there. He had seen Mikey once during his pregnancy, but often sent little baby outfits he bought in the mail.  So Rays parents had to collect Mikey if he wasn't feeling well.

Mikey shook his head, "I've been having them for weeks, i'll be fine." Ray couldn't help his constant worrying, he adored Mikey, and he couldn't let something bad happen to him and their baby.

"Okay, just please go the nurse if they get worse...My mom really doesn't mind. She really likes you. You're the only boyfriend she's ever approved of. Yknow, cause you actually have manners."

Mikey giggled, "My mom would kill me if i didn't use my manners."

Mikey absentmindedly allowed his hand to travel onto his baby bump, he always had that weird instinct to constantly pet it and whisper motherly shit. He always joked that the baby didn't like him, and that he loved Ray more. She always seemed to kick whenever Ray spoke or put his hand even very lightly on Mikey. They knew she was gonna be a daddys girl.

-

After class, Mikey packed away his notebook and his pens into his messenger bag. He made sure to not carry too much in his bag, and he didn't want to wear a backpack cause it hurt his back so badly.