Baby Kicks (Rikey)

When it came to having a baby, one of the most exciting things was when the baby kicked. Yes, Ray was ready for the moment when baby Grace was welcomed into the world and there would be thousands of beautiful memories to make. Mikey was definitely waiting for the moment for her to be born since his back had small aches, yet a bothersome nonetheless.

Doctor Nestor told them that since it's Mikey's first pregnancy it might not happen until about 20 weeks. Ray definitely felt a bit deflated by this since he was excited to feel the baby kick. He thought it was fascinating that you could feel the baby even though they weren't born yet. It mesmerized him.

Ever since they found out it might be a little until they felt the baby kick, Ray was always asking his husband if he could feel the baby. Mikey replied "no" all the time. Ray was waiting for the moment Mikey would say that the baby was finally kicking.

"You know, I hope you begin kicking soon. I'm saying this because your daddy wasn't to feel your kicks." Mikey said to the baby bump. As a lover of arts and crafts, he had taken up the idea of starting to make things for the baby. Sure, when it came to the baby shower everyone was going to give them all sorts of gifts, but Mikey wanted to do it. He thought it was adorable when people made their baby's clothes. He wasn't an expert so no shirts or onesies yet, but he had began knitting mittens and planned on knitting beanies for baby Grace too.

Mikey sighed deeply. "I know I probably won't enjoy the kicking as long as you don't do it too much. I would hate it if you became extremely active when I'm trying to sleep." Mikey definitely got in the habit of talking to baby Grace. Frank sometimes joked that he looked crazy and Gerard would smack him for teasing Mikey. "The back pain isn't too much, but it comes from time to time. Your daddy gives the best backrubs and massages, so that's a plus."

He was finished! Mikey examined his work. They were little lilac colored mittens he began knitting three weeks ago. Ray thought they would look adorable on their baby girl. Mikey wanted gender neutral colors so he went with purple.

"You're gonna look precious-" Mikey was cut off when he felt it. He was frozen at the fact that she had finally done it. Grace kicked him! "You kicked mommy," he gushed joyously. He put the mittens down and placed his hands on the baby bump. He looked up to call out to Ray when he realized Ray was at work.

Of course.

The moment Grace kicked, the moment Ray was anticipating, his husband wasn't here!

"Damn it!" Mikey cursed. He looked down at the baby bump and whispered, "That's a bad word, by the way, never repeat it." He grabbed his cell that was next to him. Even if Ray were to come home, Grace could stop kicking.

Ray was going to be devastated if he knew Grace kicked and he wasn't here for it. He had to know though, right? So he would know that she has begun kicking. With a pout, Mikey clicked on Ray's contact and waited for the phone phone pick up.

"Hey baby, what's up?" Ray answered cheerfully. No matter what, he was always answering like a kid finding out that he was being taken to Disneyland.

Mikey gnawed on his bottom lip. "Ray, she did it! She started kicking." The utter silence told him that Ray must have been kicking himself for not being there to experience it. "Oh Ray, I wish you had been here."

"Me too." Ray moaned dejectedly. He had wanted to be there for that moment and he wasn't. "Is she still kicking?" Ray asked hopefully.

Mikey eyed the baby bump. He was a but sad that Grace stopped kicking. "No, she stopped a few seconds ago. I was too distracted to notice."

"I wish I was there." Ray whined. Mikey wished his husband was there too, but Grace had stopped.

"She might kick again later?" Mikey stated. He hoped their baby girl did. Mikey knew Ray was thrilled for this moment and the first time Grace had kicked he wasn't there to enjoy it too.