Family Mornings (Rikey)

The giggling from two little girls could be heard through his ears as he snored softly. It had been like this for some time ever since their daughters learned to get out of their rooms and invade their parents' bedroom. Of course Mikey and Ray never tried to do anything in bed when the girls were in the house - they didn't want to have to give them the talk when they were so young. Or try to come up with a reason why "daddy was on on top of mommy."

Ray was the heavy sleeper who refused to get up when the smallest noise was heard. When it came to Mikey, he loved his sleep and cherished it. He probably didn't think it was the most precious thing in the world like his husband thought. Mikey rose like the sun if he got good sleep. The last time the couple struggled was when their youngest, Rowan, was born. 

Mikey opened his eyes with a small smile on his face. He was facing Ray's back. He sighed before turning to his right to see two little girls with their hands covering their mouths as they giggled. Mikey simply stared at his daughters - taking in the features they got from Ray and he. 

Grace, their eldest, was only five while Rowan was three. Grace was basically a mini Ray due to her identical afro of dark brown curls whereas Rowan had blonde locks. Nevertheless, both little girls were born adorable which they got from their parents, of course.   

"What are you two monkeys doing up?" Mikey questioned the girls. Grace had been a quiet, calm child until Rowan was born. The two sisters were troublemakers, especially when it came to being around their parents. 

Grace was the one to reply, "We were going to wake you and Daddy up!" Mikey could hear that fake innocence in her tone. He couldn't get mad at his daughters. 

Mikey couldn't help but wonder how the two girls were going to do so. His eyes landed on the bottle of shaving cream in Rowan's hand. It was going to be messy, but Mikey was grateful it wasn't whip cream - the sticky feeling of it after wasn't his favorite thing to feel. 

Without waking up his husband, Mikey got out of bed and removed the shaving cream bottle from Rowan's hand and left it on the bed. He grabbed their hands. There'd be no pranking Ray today. 

"How about we go make breakfast?" Mikey suggested as he led them out of the bedroom and down the stairs to the kitchen. 

Cooking was something that no one for the longest time would expect him to be good at. He was at fault for putting a fork in the toaster for crying out loud! No one trusted him to cook and Ray couldn't cook. After Ray and he got married it only made sense that kids wouldn't be too far along. When it was discovered that Mikey was pregnant, Gerard made it his mission to teach either one of them how to cook. Gerard would rather his little niece or nephew not starve to death. During Mikey's pregnancy, Gerard taught the couple a bit of how to cook. Mikey had actually surprised his brother that he could work fine in the kitchen.

Thankfully babies could only eat soft food so Mikey wasn't supposed to be making anything big until Grace had gotten older. Mikey could admit he was better at cooking now than he had ever been. He wasn't a pro chef but his family did get good meals. 

Frank and Gerard's daughter, Bandit (who was a year older than Grace) was a big help for Ray and he. The couple allowed them to watch over their niece which gave them experience with an infant. They also taught them certain things about babies since they would have a bundle of joy in nine months. It educated Ray and he - Mikey was happy that his husband was involved in all of this. Not all husbands cared like Frank and Ray did.

They were happy to have taken care of Bandit and take notes on what Frank and Gerard told them. It did help them out after Grace was born. 

"No turning on the stove, okay?" Mikey reassured the two girls who were known for being mischievous.