Mom, Dad.. (Frikey)

"Faggot boys, and their faggot parents!"

The twins were used to it by now. Even since the first year of Elementary School, they felt different, Johnny especially. They were treated differently by kids and even teachers, because at the end of the school day, their gay parents would be waiting for them.

It wasn't Mikey's or Frank's fault, but somehow, they felt responsible for how the boys were treated. But maybe the name calling was...a good thing for Johnny to deal with, it made him realise that maybe he was just like his mom and dad.

At eleven years old, kids develop their little childhood crushes and assume its true love. Liam had his eyes set on a young girl in his class named Jocelyn. They were best friends, Liam felt like there was something more. But Johnny...he was obsessed with a boy. But at the same time, he liked girls. Vance and Adeline, a boy and girl in the same grade...he thought they were so cute and like kids, he wanted to date them, either of them.

Vance was a quiet kid, with blonde-ish hair. He wasn't hated, or liked. Most people hardly noticed him. Except Johnny, he watched from a distance and over a few weeks, he realised that it wasn't because he wanted to befriend him; there was something about Vance that made his heart race. What confused him was that...Frank, his dad, always said he felt his heart race around Mikey. Was the same happening to Johnny?

As much as he liked Vance, Adeline certainly caught his eye before she moved away. He felt like he was stuck in the middle of being 'normal' and liking girls, or being the slurs they yelled at him.

"Leave us alone!" Johnny yelled, getting frustrated with the name calling. Liam just shrugged it off. He knew he wasn't gay, he felt like he fit in just fine but still, because of his parents, they tried to judge him. It was like water off a ducks back for Liam, not so much for his younger twin.

"Are you okay? Are they making you upset?" Liam asked his twin brother, earning nothing more than a shrug. "You can tell me and dad will do something about it if you don't want to tell Miss Susan yourself."

"It's okay. I'm just tired, s'all."

"How stupid do you think I am? Everyone knows when you're upset cause you have that dumb expression on your face. I won't tell mom or dad, promise."

For a moment, Johnny hesitated. He couldn't find the words. He had been to a gay pride festival with his parents earlier that year. He didn't feel like he loved boys and boys only,
same with girls. "Vance.."

"What about him? He literally never speaks."

He would've replied if it wasn't for someone grabbing the back of the twins backpacks, dragging them backwards. Liam fell straight on his butt, Johnny managed to keep his balance.

The older twin just got up and dusted himself off. They'd had far worse happen to them; spit balls, punches, hitting, shoving, it was normal by now.

"You were gonna say something about Vance? Is he saying something bad about us or mom and dad?"

Johnny's floppy hair moved as he shook his head. "No...But I think...I think I like him. But like, not in a friend way. Like you and Jocelyn."

The older twin blushed at hearing Jocelyn's name. He'd been crushing on her for a while and was wanting to ask her on a date. "You think you're gay? Like mom and dad?"

He shrugged. "I don't know."

-

What is it called if I like boys and girls?

Am I gay?

Why do i like boys and girls if i'm a boy?

He quickly shut his laptop when his bedroom door opened. Thankfully, it was just his brother with little Lacey holding his hand. Lacey was the youngest of the Iero family, she was born when the twins were nine. The twins immediately bonded well with her and were excited to have a new baby in the house.