Hazy Shade of Winter (Rikey)

Mikey felt disgusting. And even his boyfriend agreed he looked disgusting. Mikey was eight months pregnant, and with his body changing in preparation to have a baby, Pete saw Mikey as fat and disgusting.

For the most of the first trimester, Pete was in awe of Mikey. His skin was beautifully clear, his hair had gotten thick and shiny, to Pete, Mikey was absolutely stunning. As the pregnancy continued, Mikey got bigger, his face broke out in acne and stretch marks began to appear around his hips and his waist. Pete didn't want him anymore, Mikey wasn't good enough for him. Mikey felt so used and unloved, that he even started to blame the baby. It wasn't her fault, she didn't ask for this.

Mikey had no choice but to run away. Pete came home every night, drunk. He always threatened to hurt Mikey if he didn't do what he said. Mikey was so scared that when the baby arrived, he would hurt her.

He sat on the bed, think about where he could go. Gerard and Frank were busy with work, trying to save to move out of their tiny apartment so Gerard had more room for his art, and Frank to have a music studio. He couldn't move back to Belleville with his parents. He didn't have many friends, none that would take him in, anyway. Pete limited who he could talk to.

Mikey had no where to go. The only place he could think of was a homeless shelter, but he told himself, his babys life would not begin in a homeless shelter. She needed a real home.

"Gerard, look, i got five minutes before hes home-" Mikey stumbled on his words.

"Hey, stop talking so fast. I can't understand you."

"I gotta get out of here Gee. He's gonna fucking hurt me...I don't want him near the baby when shes here, a-and i don't have anywhere to go.."

"Whats going on? Why is he gonna hurt you?"

"Because he doesn't want me anymore. He says im too fat and disgusting for him, oh God!"

"What? Are you okay?"

"His car just parked in the driveway. Shit! He-Hes with another dude and they're holding hands and kissing..."

"I'll get Frank to pick you up, he's coming back from work now. Are you feeling okay? And the baby..?"

"Yeah...I'm fine, shes fine. I've had some food and i took my vitamins...I'm just real scared.."

Gerard knew when Mikey was scared. Mikey spoke so quickly, and his voice was shaky. Gerard knew a little about what was going on between Mikey and Pete, that Pete spent his time in the bar, drinking and doing drugs while Mikey stayed at home, too tired to do anything. He knew that Pete was holding Mikey at home, never letting him leave the house.

"Good. Just avoid Pete till Frank gets there."

"O-Okay."

"Lets catch up, we haven't spoke in a while."

"I cant...Shes kicking a lot." Mikey let out a little laugh. One of his hands moved from the bed to his baby bump, using his thumb to gently caress the area he could feel his baby moving. "We'll be fine, angel.."

"I cant wait till i have kids, me and Frank plan on having our first baby when we move out. We're already thinking about names. Have you thought of your babys name?"

Mikey had thought about it a little. Mostly he thought of names from books and movies he liked; Jason, Freddie, Jack...but he was having a girl. Its harder to think of girl horror movie names. He did find a couple that he liked in a baby name book; Rowan Louise Way, was the name he chose.

"It would've been Jason if it was a boy, but i read a baby name book...a-and i chose Rowan."

"Mikey! Thats so adorable! I cant wait to meet my niece."