Yeah Its Cool, I'll Be Okay (Rikey)

Mikey was seven months along, and he was stuck on bed rest. He had been making himself exhausted touring with Electric Century, that at his most recent appointment, they put him on bed rest. He wasn't allowed to get out of bed often. At first, it was like a dream. He didn't need to worry about walking around on his aching feet, he didnt have to do much at all. He just lay in bed all day, watching TV, reading books, relaxing.

But it was getting lonely. Ray was always there, he always took good care of Mikey. He always bought the snacks Mikey liked, avoided the ones that made him sick, and he was always willing to give back rubs.

"Ray?" Mikey whined.

There was a rapid storming of footsteps up tje stairs, before the bedroom door opened. Ray was stood with a paintbrush in his hand, and paint all over himself.

"Whats up? I was painting the living room like you asked."

"I'm lonely.."

Rays face softened, "Okay, i'll sit with you for a while, you want that?"

"Mhm."

"I was thinking i could treat you to your favourite takeout tonight. Hows that sound?"

"Good...You mean that pizza restaurant down the road?"

"Thats the one. Double pepperoni, 14 inches, all for you. You've not been eating enough recently."

"I just feel so gross right now. Just...fat. How someone like you possibly love me when i look like this?" He gestured down to his swelled belly.

"Because," Rays hand crept up the large baby bump, "I think you look stunning. Its even better because i know you're having our baby. I know you feel horrible right now, but you're gonna be a great mom. You're great with Gerards kids!"

"I only offer to help Gerard cause...hes alone."

"I know. Thats super selfless of you, and you're amazing for doing that. But he has Frank now, Frank is like Bandits dad. Sure, hes not her real dad, but Bert didn't want anything to do with Gerard or Bandit."

"Gerards brave...Before he even met Frank, he chose to keep the baby, even though Bert said he'd leave if he kept her."

"Hes doing better, Franks looking after him and Bandit. Mikey, i just want you to look after yourself. You need food, y'know?"

"I know."

Rays and Mikeys fingers intertwined, and tears formed behind Mikeys glasses. Ray squeezed his hand tighter, which made tears fall. It was only a few seconds until Mikey began to cry and shake.

"Mikey..." Ray shuffled closer to Mikey on the bed, beginning to caress his cheek, "Honey, you're not ugly, you're not fat. You're absolutely stunning."

He leaned down and kissed Mikeys soft, light pink lips, then using his thumb to dry his tears.

"Hey, no more crying. Its going to be okay. You'll have them in your arms soon. Did we ever talk about names?"

Mikey shook his head, using the palms of his hands to dry his eyes, "I like Rowan."

"Ooh. Thats so pretty. Rowan...Louise?"

"Rowan Louise Toro-Way. I like it."

Mikeys frown curled into a small smile, which
made Ray smile back.

"There's your beautiful smile. And the other baby?"

"You choose."

"Well, i thought she could have your middle name, so James. But i flicked through that name book Gerard gave us, and i liked Kennedy. So Kennedy James Toro-Way. What do you think?"

Mikey nodded, "Rowan and Kennedy. I like them."

Ray gently pulled up Mikeys black t-shirt, smoothing one of his muscular hands over his stomach. He earned a few little kicks from one of the twin girls.

"I gotta pee." Mikey mumbled.

Ray quickly scooped Mikey up, cradling him like he would soon, with two baby girls. He waited outside the bathroom door for Mikey to finish up in the bathroom, since Mikey wanted his privacy. When he came out, a long twenty minutes later, Ray took his hands and walked him back to the bed.

"I'll order the pizza now."

"Can you get those little doughnut balls?"

"Of course honey."

"Can we cuddle?"

"Mhm, of course."

"Can i have back rubs?"

"You can have anything you want, okay? Just name it."

"Thank you so much Ray. You're just so perfect."

Ray took his painting overalls off, and pulled back the bedsheets. He shuffled as close as possible to Mikey, and began digging his hands in the bottom of Mikeys aching back, while talking on the phone to order pizza. He ordered a dozen doughnut balls, Mikeys pepperoni pizza and his own ham and pineapple pizza. Im italian. that is an abomination of pizza

They cuddled closely, watching Avengers: Age Of Ultron on the TV. Mikeys hands rested on top of his stomach, feeling the occasional movements of his baby girls beneath his hands, and from inside. He couldn't help but smile.

Despite feeling horrible about his weight, his appearance, his very large appetite, he knew he was going to be rewarded, that this was going to be worth it when he holds his babies for the first time, when he hears their first words and watch them take their first steps, when he sees his children and his husband playing together. It was so worth it.

He had never imagined having children, whereas Gerard was so excited. All Gerard ever wanted was a baby. When he found out he was pregnant, he was so excited to tell Bert. Bert kicked him out, and Gerard had to move in with Mikey and Ray, till he met Frank. Now, life for Gerard was looking up, his new boyfriend treated him like a king, and he loved Gerards daughter like his own. Mikey knew Gerards little secret; he was expecting. He had promised to keep it a secret until he was ready to tell people.

"Pizzas here." Ray announced upon hearing the knock at the front door.

"Be quick. I want your cuddles."

"I know hon, one minute."

It's going to be perfect.