Arguments (Rikey)

"Thats all you fucking do Mikey! You bitch and complain about everything and still do absolutely nothing!"

Life wasn't exactly perfect. Ray and Mikey, seemingly the sweetest couple, even they had their fights. It always seemed like the end of the world when they argued since it was rare for them.

"Nothing?! I stay at home and look after the kids!"

"No you don't, thats just an excuse to be lazy! You're fucking lazy! Grace is six, put her in fucking school! You're so unbelievable, you're a child!"

Mikey hated arguing. It was always for a dumb reason, too. This was because Mikey didn't have a 'proper' job. He stayed at home working on Collapser and working with David on producing an Electric Century album. Ray was mad because Mikey didn't have a proper job whereas he had to go to work everyday, leaving his family to get money.

Mikey always said he wanted to be a stay at home mom, it was best for him and to know he wasn't leaving his girls with a stranger, and it was best for his daughters to bond with him. Rowan was almost a year old, maternity leave for Mikey ended months ago but he couldn't leave her. He would feel guilty as hell for leaving her with a stranger or even his brother. Gerard said he'd gladly take care of her while Mikey worked, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was Mikey didn't want to leave her.

That should've been perfectly fine. Ray shouldnt have gotten so mad about it. But there was, screaming at Mikey for being lazy while he was in tears.

"I-I just thought-"

"You thought what Mikey? Oh Ray! I'd feel so bad for leaving her! Suck it up Mikey. You were supposed to go back to work, in a real job! I left them to go to work and so should you!"

Tears spilled down Mikeys face as he cowered against the wall. He could hear his youngest daughter crying from the her nursery, he wanted to go comfort her but no doubt Ray would keep yelling.

He stood up, wiping his nose on his hoodie sleeve and walking off to the bathroom. Rowans cries got louder, and he could hear Grace trying to soothe her.

"Go cry in the bathroom like you always do!" Ray yelled.

"I've fucking had it with you Ray!"

It was around two minutes after that the front door slammed, shaking the whole house. Mikey prayed that Ray had home, so he left the bathroom with tear stained cheeks and shaking hands.

The first thing he did was check on Rowan. He gently lifted her up in his arms, cradling her while she whimpered softly.

"Its okay, angel. Mama's here, its okay. No need to cry." Grace probably heard the arguing too. She hated when her parents would argue, so much so that she'd find Mikeys phone and call Gerard to come help. Mikey had his phone in his pocket, meaning she was all alone in her room. "How about we go see your big sister?"

Rowan stared at Mikey with tears still in her dark brown eyes. He carried her out of her nursery and to his other daughters bedroom. He found her hiding under blankets and shaking.

"Grace, baby..." Mikey whispered.

"Why are you and daddy yelling at each other..?"

"Its grown up stuff. Its okay baby, mommys here, okay?"

"I don't like it when you and daddy are fighting.."

Mikey sat down on her bed and put his free arm around his eldest daughter. She clung onto him like she did since she was a newborn. She was a clingy baby and she still was, Mikey loved it. He loved having daughters that always wanted to be with him.

"I know you don't, but sometimes couples fight. Its no bodies fault. I'm so sorry, just remember that...me and daddy are in a relationship and we're going to fight sometimes. We still love you no matter what."

"I love you mama.."

"I love you so much baby. You girls are my angels."

Grace stopped crying after a few minutes, holding Mikey so tightly. Mikey could never express just how much love he had for his girls. Rowan and Grace Toro were his world.

"Mommy...is daddy gone..?" Grace asked.

"I think he just went for a little walk to calm down. Grace, its just like you and Bandit. You and Bandit argue, don't you? Then whenever i go to Uncle Gees house, you want to stay at home because you don't want to see Bandit. Me and daddy are just staying apart for today. You still love Bandit, don't you? I still love daddy, no matter what."

-

Ray came home not long later. Mikey and the girls were just watching Cinderella when he came back.

"Mikey.." Ray sighed. "Look, theres no excuse for what i said. I was way out of line. I shouldn't have said those horrible things to you, you're a great stay at home mom and you're not lazy. I-I don't know why i said it and i'm so sorry...I hoped i could make it up to you by treating you to something. You deserve it for being so great with the kids and work, and still finding time to be the sweetest husband."

Ray held out a gift bag tied with a red bow on the top to Mikey.

"I didn't forget about the girls. These two are for Grace and Ro."

Mikey opened his bag first, Ray had bought his favourite Krispy Kreme donuts, a new baseball cap, a bunch of comics and a single rose. He also opened Rowans and inside were new clothes. A little pink dress, a sunhat and a new blanket. And in Graces was more comics, the frilly skirt she had been begging them for and candy.

"I don't know what to say.." Mikey mumbled.

"I know, i'm so awful. I really wasn't thinking when i yelled and i cant be more sorry. I love you so much Mikey, i love you and our girls. Theres no excuse, i was so wrong."

Mikey stood up and allowed Rays hands to rest on his hips, his own hands on Rays shoulders and leant in for a soft kiss. "No. You're still in the wrong."

"W-Why..? What did i do..?"

"You're not watching the movie with us!"

Ray grinned and playfully lifted Mikey into his arms, making the younger scream and yell with a grin. Grace joined in and Ray scooped her up too, while Rowan just stared at them, giggling happily.

"I love you guys so much. Nothing will ever change that."