Negative (Frikey)

i come to realise 99% of this is Rikey. whatever, rikey is great, but some frikey time is good

TW// infertility, miscarriage, mentioned drugs,  mentioned self harm and alcohol

When Mikey saw the single line, his dreams shattered. Three fucking years of trying, with zero positives. He and Frank were desperate for a baby, Gee and Bert had theirs. Mikey refused Gerards offer of being a surrogate, Mikey wanted the experience for himself, the baby to be biologically his and Franks.

"Three damn years and still one line." Mikey cried, as he felt Franks arms wrap around him. Treatment was expensive, Frank was told that the chances of him being able to have children were slim, but when Mikey kept asking for a baby, he had to try for the one he loved.

"Mikey.."

"Why can't we just have a baby..? What did we ever do wrong..?"

Infertility sucked. Mikey was ready to get pregnant, he was excited to start a family. Frank revealed that it was unlikely to happen without fertility treatments that they couldn't afford.

"What if we're not meant to be parents..?" Mikey whispered under his breath, holding onto Frank tightly.

"We are, we're gonna be the best parents, i'm not giving up hope yet, okay? You'll see, we'll be awesome parents soon."

It was like an endless night of crying from Mikey. As Frank just held him till he fell asleep, sobs wracked Mikeys body. It killed Frank to see Mikey so depressed.

He grabbed his phone and googled for fertility clinics. He was going to get Mikey his wish, he was going to make his husband happy. As Mikey slept on Franks arm, Frank found the phone number for a fertility treatment in Maryland.

"Hello? Uh...Is this the fertility clinic in Maryland? Okay, great. So heres the thing, i was told that i may not be able to get somebody pregnant and my husband and i have been trying for years. He's really upset and i was curious about what treatments i would need. Injections? Yeah, i'm free Tuesday. Okay, thanks!"

-

In the waiting room, Frank picked up a pamphlet off of the sticky table and began reading it. It was all about adoption and other various things about children. Mikey was at home, making lunch. Frank just told him he wanted to hang out with friends, Mikey was perfectly fine with that.

"Frank Iero?" A females voice called over the speaker. He placed the pamphlet back on the table and stood up from the wooden stool he was sitting on.

He wasn't a big fan of doctors and hospitals. But he knew that doing this might get him and Mikey the baby they were so desperate for. He walked down a series of hallways till a blonde woman greeted him.

"Come in, Mr Iero." The door was marked with Doctor Colby, paediatrician, midwife.

The room was pretty large for a doctors office. On a table were various tools like stethoscopes and blood pressure cuffs. He sat down on a blue plastic chair, eyes looking around the room.

"So, from what i understand of the phone call, you and your husband are struggling to get pregnant?"

Frank nodded. "When i was sixteen, i was told i might not be able to have a baby. My husband really wants one."

She nodded, typing something into her computer and then looked back at Frank. "How about your husband? Is he able to carry?"

"We went to a doctor a few months back and they said he would be able to get pregnant, the problem is with me."

The guilt Frank felt whenever he had to admit the reason Mikey was so sad without his baby, was because of him. Mikey did get pregnant once, but lost the baby before they even found out the gender.