Chapter 10

Smith POV-

The girls and I were all backstage at the talkshow. The interviewer was sitting on the couch with the guys. They were talking about something. The people were about to start rolling in five minutes. This was the girl's and I first time being at a talkshow. There was a live audience and once they started rolling it would be live on t.v. We were all excited. The camera started rolling. We all watched from back stage.

"Welcome to the Rob show!"the interviewer said. I'm guessing his name was Rob. "We have One Direction with us today!" Pretty much all of the audience was made up of teenage girls. They all started screaming. The boys waved.

The interviewer just talked with the boys for a while and got people from the audience to ask them question. I couldn't see the interviewer or Niall who was sitting beside him because Harry and Louis were blocking them. They were like sitting in front of the interviewer from our point of view.

"Oh! Well,well,well. Who are these young ladies?"The interviewer asked. 

There was a picture of all of us when we went to a private movie on the screen above the guys head. In the picture:River was on Louis's back cause she had been to lazy to walk;Louis and Lin were eating ice cream cones;Harry had his arm around Kay cause he was trying to steer her towards a pet store.They had wanted to look at the cats. Niall and Kate were pointing to a restaurant that they thought looked good. Liam,Zayn,and I had been discussing if turtles or mirrors were more important.

"Very good friends,"Liam answered.

"Good friends?"the interviewer asked,raising his eyebrows. Harry and Louis's backs were to us and we couldn't see Niall but I bet a bazillion bucks they were blushing. Harry coughed.

"Yah,good friends,"Harry said uncomfortably.

"Really? Are they here with you?"the interviewer asked. The boys nodded. "Why don't we bring them out?"

Next thing I know,I'm being hurried on stage with the rest of the girls. We all just kinda stood there. Well,except for River. She strutted over and stood by the end of the couch.

"I've got an idea! How about the guys go backstage and let me talk to the girls alone hmm?"he asked. The guys looked unsure but ended up standing and going backstage. 

River went and sat in the seat beside the interviewer. Attention hog. The rest of us took a seat.

"So why don't you introduce yourself and tell us about you."the interviewer said. So we all said our names and talked about ourselves. River the most though. Lin was loud and cracking jokes.

"So? Any of you have a crush on one of the guys?"the interviewer asked,grinning. Kay blushed and looked down. Hannah looked away from the interviewer. Lin's eyes grew wide. River smirked. I spoke up before everyone else.

"Um you know they're great guys. I'm not really sure where the whole crush thing stands but they are really great friends. They are like those people you don't want to be away from you know? We've only known them for a short while but we've all grown close. Its kinda hard to think about a day without them in it. A day without Loui's crazy jokes,Harry's insane curls,Niall's Irishness, Zayn saying 'Vas Happenin'and annoying the crap out of you but you love him anyway or Liam's crazy turtle obsession. I seriously think I'll never touch a spoon again because of that boy. They have become such a big part of our life's and we just enjoy every moment we have with them. So as far as the crush thing goes,well,no one knows. But we do know that we are great friends."I finished up. I swear,some of the audience looked like they were gonna cry.

"That was beautiful Smith,"the interviewer said. I wasn't trying to be beautiful,I was trying to avoid the subject. As if reading my mind,River said-

"Nice job avoiding the subject Smith." I just did a thumbs up sign. Everyone laughed.

"So. Any hidden talents River?"the interviewer asked,patting River's leg in a friendly jester. She scrunched up her nose.

"I can sing,"River gloated. I could see Kay trying not to roll her eyes.

"Really? Why by all means sing for us!"the interview said. River stood up. She put on hand on her hip and she pointed her finger at the interviewer. She started to sing-

River finished singing. She was was pointing at the interviewer. Everyone was staring shocked, Had she just sang about the interviewer hitting on her? What the!

All of a sudden,people were yelling cut and everyone was rushing to turn the cameras off. A security guard came and started walking towards us. I was utterly frozen. Then,I was on somebody's shoulder. They were caring me. They started running. I looked over. Harry was caring Kay while running. Niall was caring Hannah while running. Louis was caring River while running. Zayn was carrying Lin while running. So that must mean that Liam is caring me. The boys all jumped in the car with us sitting on the person who carried us lap. The car sped off.

"River! What in the bloody hell happened?"Louis asked. River burst into tears.

"He was hitting on me!"River wailed. "He started caressing my leg! What was I suppose to do! I had to get him off me!"River sobbed. The guys exploded. They sounded mad. Very mad. Louis pulled River into hug. She cried into his chest. The guys were furious that the interviewer had tried that. The girls and I sat there shocked.

The interviewer hadn't hit on her! He was just being friendly! She was faking it! She just wanted attention! Why did the guys believe her! They shouldv'e seen the interviewer hadn't done anything! Unless...Oh. They hadn't seen what the interviewer had done because Kay and I had blocked their view of the interviewer and her. Just like when we were backstage we hadn't seen Niall or the interviewer. So they were believing her without any proof. By the looks on Kay,Hannah,and Lin's face,they figured all that out to. Th guys soothed River the whole car ride.

We finally reached the house. Everyone got out of the car and went into the living room. Louis had to carry River cause she wouldn't stop fake crying. 

"Its ok River,honey,"Louis soothed. I snapped.

'Don't sooth her! That faker! She's a liar!!"I shouted. Everyone stopped and looked at me. Kay,Lin,and Hannah looked like they were telling me to stop. They new it would be useless and it would make me seem like a jerk but I didn't care.

"Why would you say that?"River fake sobbed.

"BECAUSE YOUR A HORRIBLE PERSON YOU FAKER! YOU PROBABLY GOT THAT MAN FIRED! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU! YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION!!"I screamed.

"Your just mad cause no one is paying attention to you!"she yelled back.

"YOU IDIOT-"I started to scream but was cut off.

"Don't yell at her Smith!"Louis defended. 

"Ya chill out Smith,"Harry said.

"Don't be jealous,"Niall said.

"SHE'S A HORRIBLE PERSON! I WISH SHE WOULD GO AWAY! I HATE HER!"I screamed. River pretend sobbed louder.

"WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN TO HER?"Louis yelled.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!"Harry shouted.

"JUST BACK OFF,"Niall sceamed.

"THE INTERVIEWER HIT ON HER! YOU SHOULD BE THERE FOR HER!"Zayn yelled. 

"THE INTERVIEWER DID NOT HIT ON HER!!!!"I screamed.

"YOUR LYING!"Louis shouted.

"FINE DON'T BELIEVE ME!" I yelled,running to my room. I slammed the door and sank to the floor. I didn't cry. I havn't cried since I was seven. I'm not gonna start now. Why can't they realize I'm tryin to help them?