Chapter 26

Smith POV-

I slowly open my eyes and see I'm wearing a white dress. I look up and see I'm standing in an abandoned park. I look over and see an old man sitting on one of the swings at the swing set. I bite my lower lip and slowly make my way over to him. I on the other swing beside him.

"Am I dead?"I ask not looking at him.

"Not yet,"he replies. I turn my gaze on him.

"What so you mean I'm not dead?"I ask confused. He looks at me and I see his red eyes. I lean away from him some. He chuckles.

"You aren't dead because you have a choice. You may go and join your dear old grandmother in death or you may return to the world of the living,"he tells me. I narrow my eyes.

"What's the catch?"I ask. He grins.

"Your a smart one. You mus-"he is interrupted by someone behind me.

"Leave her alone Ares,"a voice says. I recognize that voice. I turn in my swing and see my grandmother standing there with her arms crossed. The man stands up and walks past my grandmother.

"Just having a little fun,"he states walking past my grandmother disappearing. My granmother walks over and takes the seat that he had sat in.

"Ares is the god of war. He loves to mess with people,"she explains looking at me. I just stare at her.

"I'm sorry,"I get out. She shakes her head.

"There is nothing to apologize for,"she tells me.

"I could have saved you,"I say feeling the tears start to come. Grandma pats my knee.

"It was my time to die. There is nothing you could have done,"she tells me. "But it's not your time to die,"she says. I look at her?

"What do you mean it's not my time?"I ask. 

"You have two choices. You can choose to move on. You can go join your loved ones who have died or you can choose to go back to the human world. If you choose to go be with your dead friends you can forget all of the misery and pain. If you choose to go back to the world of the living you will suffer a lot of pain. You will wake up in the hospital nearly dead and feel a lot of pain. Make the right choice. Smith I want you to know I am very proud of you. You are a great person,"my grandmother said taking my hand.  Mist starting swirling around her and she disappeared. My hand dropped to my side.

I could go back to Liam. I could go back to all my friends on Earth. I thought of them. They won't want me there. They are all probably happy I'm not there. I only cause trouble for them. I could go join Bass and my grandmother where ever they are. I could just wait with them and watch over everyone. 

Two open doors suddenly appeared. The one on the right had white light coming from it and looked like it was full of happy things. The left door looked black and full of pain. I walked and stood in between the doors. I took a deep breath and fell through the door that I chose.