Chapter 20

Smith POV-

I sit up in bed and stare at my room. Today is Thursday and the time is 10:00 a.m. Tonight at midnight I'll be leaving. I'll have never told Liam how I feel...

Someone suddenly jumps onto my bed.

"AH!"I scream. I look over and see Liam laughing. I slap his head.

"Ouch!"He laughs. I smile and roll my eyes.

"So the tour ends tomorrow,"he says picking up Wolfy. I watch him pet Wolfy like its a real dog. I smile. "Smith?"I look up at him.

"Ya?"I say.

"Like I was saying,the tour ends tomorrow. You are coming with us after that right?"He ask. 

"Of coarse!"I lie. I hate lying to him but I have to. I can't say know because then I'll have to explain. I realize how much I hate River as I stare into his warm,brown eyes. 

"Hey!! How come she let you hold Wolfy!"Lin accuses from the doorway. I roll my eyes and push Liam until he gets off the bed. I jump on his back.

"Onward!"I yell. He laughs and runs to the kitchen. I don't know how I'll survive without him.

                                                   -Same day at 9:00 p.m.-

River POV-

I led Louis over to the little pond in the park. Its time. Time to crush his heart into pieces. Then by midnight,I'll gather Smith and Lin and head back to America. I stop and stare into Louis's eyes. He has such pretty eyes. I kinda don't want to break his heart but if I don't then we will never leave. I'll never get Smith to leave if I don't crush him. So that's what I'm gonna do.

"What are we doing out here?"Louis ask in his childish voice. I lean forward and kiss him. He eagerly kisses back. I pull away and look at him again.

"I'm here to tell you that I don't love you. That this was all a game and your pathetic. Your the worst singer and your so stupid,"I say in a matter of fact tone. "I think your worthless and I only pretended to like you because I wanted to see if I could get the baby to fall for me. I did see,"I say. "I hate you. We can't even break up because we were never together." I drop his hands and walk away towards the house. Time to pack.

Lin POV-

I've been walking around the park for hours. I'm not the best with directions but I shouldn't have been this lost. I mean come on! 

I came out here to find River and Louis. I had to tell them to come in. I walk around a bush and see a figure sitting by the pond. I approach it and see its Louis. I walk over to him and sit beside him. I can tell he's crying. River did break his heart.

"What do you want?"he says. I don't say anything. I just wrap my arms around him and hug him. He slowly hugs back and we sit like that for a while.

"She isn't good enough for you Louis. Don't listen to a word she says. Don't let her break your heart because it's not worth it. Don't care about the people don't care about you. Care about the people who love you,"I told him. He smiled.

"Thanks Lin,"he says. I stand up and offer him my hand. 

"Cmon,"I say. He takes my hand and we walk back to the house.

                                  -Same day 11:59 p.m.-

Smith POV-

River,Kay,Lin,Hannah,and I all sat in the living room. One more minute and its time to decide. Zeus is the king of the gods. He will come and give us the choice at 12:00. We are all sitting in silence. Waiting for him.

There is a flash of light and Zeus stands in the middle of the living room. 

"Okay lets get this over with. You all passed and-"Zeus was interrupted by Kay.

"I'm done. I hate you and all of the gods. I don't want to be supernatural anymore. I want to be human and stay with Harry,"she told him.

"Me to!"Hannah agreed. 

"I would like to keep being a werewolf,"River told him. Everyone looked at me. River smirked.

"Cmon Smith. We can all be human. You'll never have to see that thing again,"Kay said pointing to River. I stood up and looked Zeus in the eyes. This is the hardest thing I'll ever do.

"I would like to stay with the gods,"I say. 

"What!"Kay and Hannah exclaim. I can't tell them about the bet. They would hate me for failing. They'll probably hate me anyway but I can't have them hate me for that. I made my face into a mask so they wouldn't see my expression.

Lin POV-

I can't beleave Smith is staying a wolf. She hates it! 

"Your gonna be with these evil people! Your choosing them over us!"Hannah screams. Smith just shrugs.

"She doesn't even care,"Kay says disgusted. "She never cared about anyone but herself." I saw a flash of hurt cross Smith's face but it was gone faster than it appeared. 

I don't beleave Smith is doing this of her own free will. I need to stay with her. Its not like any one here will miss me. Kay and Hannah have boyfriends. Louis will never love me. 

"I would like to stay with the gods also,"I say. Kay and Hannah stare at me. I look at Smith and see her shaking her head. It's like she's telling me to stay. Well,to bad. 

I walk over to where Smith and River are standing beside Zeus. 

"She does everything Smith does,"I heard Hannah whisper to Kay. Zeus points his staff at the two girls.

"Kay and Hannah. You have rebelled against me and the gods. Now you shall pay the price and become human,"Zeus boomed. Silver looking mist floated out of Hannah and Kay's body. It went into the staff Zeus is holding. 

"You two are now human and are free to live a mortal life. River,Smith,and Lin,you all will return home as soon as possible,"Zeus said. There was a flash and he was gone. 

"We're human,"Hannah said in shock. Kay smiled like an idiot. They hugged each other and started laughing. I felt a pang of jealousy.

"Good. Now we never have to see you two idiots again. Tata forever,"River said to Kay and Hannah. River pulled out her suitcase from behind the couch and walked out the door to wait for us. 

"Goodbye,"Smith whispered. 

"Just get out Smith,"Kay said harshly. Smith grabbed her bag and went outside.

"I'm-"I started to say but Hannah cut me off.

"Save it. Just leave Lin,"Hannah told me. I grabbed my bag and went outside. Leaving the one place I ever called home.

Kay POV-

The guys came running out of their rooms.

"What happened? We heard yelling,"Harry asked,wrapping his arms around me.

"Lin,River,and Smith ran away like the chickens they are,"I said with no emotion.