Chapter 24

2 days after Smith saw Liam in the hospital. 

Smith POV-

Liam is out of the hospital. He made a miraculous recovery. They say its a miracle. I know better though. The gods granted my wish. I feel my kidneys failing. I'll die soon. I have to set things right before I did. I explained the bet to Hannah and Kay. They instantly forgave me and scolded me for not telling them. They are so thrilled that we aren't werewolves and don't have powers anymore. I didn't tell them about my wish though. I can't bring myself to do it. I have to talk to Liam before I die.

I slip out of bed and shuffle to the door. 

"Ouch,"I exhale grabbing my side. I slip out the door and walk slowly down the hall. I'm surprised I can still walk to be honest. I knock on Liam's door. 

"Come in!"he shouts. I open the door and shuffle in. He stares at me for a moment then smiles. "What's up?" he ask.

"Liam can I talk to you for a second?"I ask. He nods and pats the spot on the bed beside him. I walk over and sit beside him and sigh with relief. I didn't think I couldv'e stood for very long without fainting. He gives me a funny look.

"Liam I want to apologize. I am so sorry. I am so so so so sorry. As your friend I should have been there for you. I failed you,"I say. I feel a tear slip down my cheek.

"No no its okay,"Liam assures hugging me. "You didn't fail me,"he says. I shake my head.

"Yes I did. I failed you just like I failed my grandmother,"I state. 

"Your grandmother?"he ask. I take a deep breath. I have to tell him the story before I die.

"When I was seven years  old my grandmother and I went for a walk. I was caring her purse because I felt like a grown up when I did. I felt special. My grandmother always told me to never ever let the purse go. We passed this alley and a man with a gun jumped out and pointed the gun at my grandmother. He told me to give him the purse and my grandma wouldn't get hurt. I wasn't suppose to give anyone the purse so I refused. The man pointed the gun at me and shot it. My grandmother jumped in front of me and the bullet hit her in the chest. The man grabbed the purse from me and ran. I remember kneeling beside my grandmother and crying. I kept telling her to get up but she was dead. The sucky thing is I could've saved her. I could've saved!"I cry. Liam held me against his chest.

"There was nothing you could have done,"he soothes me. "You were only seven." He doesn't know that I had healing powers. I could have healed her. I just let the tears run down my cheeks.

"This is what you've been hiding? This is what you've been carrying with you? You don't have to hide anymore. I'm here for you,"Liam tells me. I smile into his chest. I can't believe it. Liam James Payne has torn down my walls. To bad I won't be around much longer.

"Is this why you won't sing? Because your sad?"he ask. Dang he's smart. I nod. "Don't be sad. Can you sing for me,"he ask. I look up into his warm brown eyes. He makes a puppy dog face. I giggle. I nod and start singing this-

I finished and Liam stared at me. He looks like he's really thinking.

"What?"I ask snapping him out of it.

"That was amazing!"he exclaims hugging me.

"Don't you mean amazayn?"I giggle. He laughs and rolls his eyes. I stand up and try to hide how much i'm in pain.

"I better go. Goodnight Liam,"I say leaving the room.

"Goodnight,"he whispers with a far away look on his face. I close the door and shuffle to my room. I plop down on my bed and let out breathless cry of pain. 

I lay in the bed feeling myself start to fade. I really don't want them to find me dead but it's to late now. Their life will be better without me anyway. The pain suddenly disappears and I know it's my time to go.

I love you Liam,I think before falling into the darkness.