Chapter 22

Smith POV-

"GET UP WE'RE UNDER ATTACK GET TO THE FIELD NOW!"Someone screamed from downstairs. I rolled onto the floor and landed in a crouch. There was a BOOM and the house shook. I need to help get everyone out.

"EVERYONE OUT! GET TO THE FIELD!"I started yelling. I ran into the guys room and pushed them out of bed. "GET TO THE FIELD NOW!"

I ran downstairs and out the door but froze. Where was Lin? I looked back and saw half of the house on fire. The half our room was on. I was about to run back in when Lin ran past me.

"I TELEPORTED OUT NOW CMON!"She yelled running to the field. I ran beside her.

Everyone was running on this path towards the field.

I finally reached the field.

I froze. They're were a ton of wolves fighting a ton of vampires. Lin turned into a wolf and ran into the field before I could stop her. I was about to follow when someone grabbed me and dragged me behind a tree. I whipped around ready to punch them and found out it was Matt.

"Matt!"I hissed. 

"Listen Smith. We can run away right now. We can escape. Me and you. No one will notice. Please come with me,"he begged. I froze. 

He's right. No one would notice. I could go on the run with him. He could change me and we could live forever. Do I really want that though? I thought of Liam. No I don't. I thought of Lin out there fighting vamps. I can't leave her. Time to end things with Matt.

"Matt,I can't. I love you but I'm not in love with you. Your like my brother. I have other things to take care of here,"I tell him. He studies me then nods.

"I understand Smith,"he says. I smile weakly.

"You'll find the right girl someday Matt. I'm not her but you need to keep looking,"he nods. Then I did something I hadn't done in a long time. I hugged him. He's surprised at first but then he hugs back. 

"Look Matt,"I say pulling away. "Get away from here. Go some where else. Go to a different country. Take James with you,"I say hurriedly. 

"What about you?"he asked worriedly. I smirk.

"I can handle myself,"I say. He smiles and starts to run away. He turns around and looks me in the eyes.

"It was Kyle who sent the vamp to kill Liam,"he says and runs away to find James. I stare after him. Now I'm mad. I run out from behind the tree. I take a knife out of my belt. 

I start running around trying to find Lin. I see her fighting four vamps. I run up to her and start helping. 

-1 hour later-

I trudged through the forest looking for anymore vamps. The vampires started fleeing when they realized they had lost. I have wounds all over me from healing the other wolves. Only four wolves had died. Pretty good actually. River was back in the field taking care of the wolves. She sent out some of us to search for anything. No one has seen Hale. I look at Lin beside me.

"We aren't gonna find anything. Lets head back,"I say. Lin nods and we make our way to the clearing. We get to the clearing and are about to step out of the woods and into the clearing when I see whats happening. I stop Lin from going any further. River stands in the clearing with the other wolves behind her. They are all in human form. In front of River stands the leader of the vamps. Kyle. Kyle is holding Hale by his neck. 

"Drop your weapons,"Kyle commands. River throws her bow and arrows on the ground. "Pathetic what love does to you,"Kyle sneers. I feel anger bubble up in me. Kyle did this. I grabbed my knife.