Chapter 17

Smith POV-

Beep,Beep,Beep............

Ugh. I tried to roll over and turn off that horrible noise but something stopped me. And it hurt. 

"OUCH!"I screamed. I looked around and saw tubes in my arms. I looked away from my arm and at the room. It looks like I'm in the hospital. 

I hear light breathing beside me and looked over. Liam's asleep in a chair beside the bed. He looks rough. One of his hands is holding mine. I smile. I can't beleave I hadn't woken him up. 

I laid back down trying to remeber what happened. There had been a vampire about to through a knife at Liam. Then what? Well,considering I'm in the hospital I guess I jumped in the way. Did the vampire leave?

I look down at my stomach. Its a good thing werewolves don't heal fast or I would have a lot of explaining to do. Also great that my wolf DNA doesn't show up on mortal technology. I squeeze Liam's hand.

"Liam wake up." I feel bad for waking him up. He looks like he needs sleep but I need to know what happened. "Liam please get up,"I tell him. He opens his eyes and stares at me for a second. His eyes grow wide.

"SMITH!"He yells while hugging me. Everyone else runs into the room.

"Why did you scream,"Kay ask worried.

"Is she finally dead?"River ask hopefully. Lin glares at her.

"No I'm fine,"I say. Everyone stops and stares at me.

"SMITH!"they all yell and come to hug me. Well,everyone except River.

"Okay yall. Starting to hurt a little,"I said grabbing my stomach. They apoligized and backed off a little. A nurse walk in.

"Okay everything looks good,"she says but then stops and looks at everyone. "Oh no. Only one visitor at a time. Cmon,"she ushers everyone out except for Liam. I start laughing when the door closes. 

"What is it?"he ask.

"I can't beleave they're so excited to see me. That's crazy,"I tell him. He takes my hand.

"That's not crazy! We're all family now. Family cares for each other,"Liam bit his lip. "Smith,I can't beleave you saved me. Your in here because of me. I'm so sorry. God I feel awful. Then when I saw you hurt I just...."Liam trailed off. He looked like he was about to cry.

"Liam! This is not your fault! It the person who had the knife's fault,"I soothed. He just nodded. "What happened to the man anyway?"I questioned.

"He jumped out the window. The police are looking for him,"He said. I nodded. The police wouldn't find him. I looked over and saw Liam staring at me. I gave him a questioning look.

"I can't beleave you saved me. If you hadn't jumped in front of me I'd be dead. The knife would have hit me in the heart,"he says looking into my eyes. I blush and look down.

Right then the nurse walks in and tell Liam he need to leave. She starts working on the tubes hooked up to my arms. I watch Liam leave.

I might have lost but I should enjoy heaven while I can. I have to spend as much time with Liam as I can. Even if it gets me hit with a knife again.