Chapter 11

Lin POV-

It was 9:00 a.m in the morning. We were all in the dining room eating the amaZAYN breakfast Kay and Harry had made. Those two had been fighting over who controlled the kitchen for a whole hour before they actually started making the food. Niall and Hannah had been dying without it. 

One direction's managers and all those peeps thought it would be best if 1D just stayed on the down low for a while. You know like just chill out for a few day and maybe do a photo shoot here and there.

We were all sitting at the dining table. River was on Louis's lap. Everyone was laughing and having a great time. Well,everyone except Smith. She was still locked up in her room. I'm furious. Which is weird cause I never get mad. How could they all sit there and laugh while Smith was in her room all sad and stuff? I'm refusing to talk. I'm gonna sit here in silence. I hate River so much. 

I would have stood up against River to but it just starts a fight with the guys that we can't win. River really knows how to manipulate boys. Poor Louis. Why can't he see she's bad news? Why can't he see she's mean? Why can't he see that he should be with me? Wait. Did I just think that? I can't like Louis! I have a mate!! But Louis is so cute and funny...oh no. I'm screwed.

Kay POV-

I laughed at funny joke Louis said. This boy cracks me up. To bad River's gonna break his heart. I hate River. We all do. We would have all stood up against River last night but that would just make the guys angry at us.

I looked over at Lin. She was glaring at her scrambled eggs. I'm worried about her. She didn't try to sneak coffee this morning! That has to be a bad sign. She is never serious. I know she's angry about how the guys treated Smith but what can we do? River has them wrapped around her finger. 

I looked over. Hannah looked weird to. Not as mad as Lin but sad. She kept looking at the empty seat at the end of the table. Even Liam wasn't being as active as usual. 

"Shouldn't we get Smith out?"Lin suddenly said.

"She can come out and apologize when she wants,"River said like it was no big deal. I kicked Lin's leg under the table so she wouldn't say anything. 

"Ya. How could she just yell at River like that? She deserves to apologize,"Harry commented. I must admit,I kinda sorta have a smallish crush on him but right now he's being a complete idiot.

Liam looked like he was about to say something but Smith decided to enter the kitchen right then.

Smith POV-

I was lying in bed listening to the laughter coming from the kitchen. I need to go apologize. If I don't,then I won't be able to keep an eye on River. Plus it'll be weird the whole rest of the tour if they all hate me. I don't think I could stand to see Liam turn away from me. I'm gonna admit it now to myself before I go out and apologize. I like Liam. A lot more than Bass or Matt. I know I can't have him. He's dating Danielle. Sigh. Well,this is my sucky life. Being forced to love someone I don't and liking,maybe even loving,someone I could never have.

I slid out of bed and walked towards my door. I unlocked it and slowly turned the handle. I walked down the hall to where the dining room is.

"Ya. How could she just yell at River like that? She deserves to apologize,"Harry said. I stepped into the dining room. Everyone looked at me.

Lin looked furious. Kay looked annoyed. Hannah looked sad. Liam looked mad. Niall,Harry,Zayn,and Louis glared at me. River looked at me sadly. I could tell she was faking it because she had a triumphant spark in her eyes. Here goes one of the biggest lies I've ever told.

"River,I'm sorry."I said. They guys looked like they didn't buy it. Fine. I'm gonna have to do this the hard way. "I am so,so,so,so sorry. I don't know why I said such mean things. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I should have been there for you. I'm a terrible person. Please forgive me,"I lied smoothly. I feel so pathetic. How could I apologize to that? Sigh. Gods I hate my life. River put on a fake happy expression.

"Of coarse Smith! I'll always forgive you!"River exclaimed. She got off of Louis's lap and came to give me a hug. I forced myself to hug back. River's fingernails dug into my arm. I'm pretty sure I'm bleeding. Great.

"I always win,"River whispered in my ear before pulling back. I grabbed my arm with my hand. She might always win,but I'm not going down without a fight.