Chapter 5: Ash vs. Brock (Part II)

Ash and Brock were in the middle of a Pokémon Battle. Both were left with their final Pokémon. Ash, with his faithful partner Pikachu, while Brock was on the other side with his starter Pokémon, Steelix. It was as if the two trainers were replaying the past. Brock had just activated his Keystone, which responded to Steelix's Steelixite.

Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Gary, and Tracey watched the transformation unfold with amazement and wonder in their eyes. No matter how many times they see it, mega evolution will always look amazing.

"Grroooooouuuhhhh" Steelix roared loudly as it Mega Evolved into Mega Steelix and was feeling the mega evolution energy rushing through the course of its steel body. Its steel body had doubled in size and almost doubled in mass. Mega Steelix's eyes turned a more crystal-blue color and its lower jaw became more heavily armored with a round, curved shape. Not only that, floating minerals and crystals formed around its segmented body.

"Mega Evolution is so awesome," Tracey breathed out in awe from the spectator stands. Tracey had already started on a brand new blank page on his sketchpad and was already quickly drawing Brock's Mega Steelix.

"Heh, my Mega Blastoise can rough up that Mega Steelix, no sweat." Gary scoffed and started boasting about his Pokémon. 

"I don't know about that Gary. Brock's Steelix is very powerful and Mega Evolution only enhances its power dramatically." Misty argued in Brock's defense. Gary didn't reply back and just continued to spectate.

"This will be one tough match, no doubt about that," Ash said to himself, but continued to have a determined face. "Let's go Pikachu!"

"Pika-chu!" Pikachu squeaked out in determination.

"Steelix, go! Gyro Ball attack!" Brock shouted out. The iron snake Pokémon immediately started building up momentum to the point where it was spinning around at a rapidly fast pace. Steelix started to quickly close in on the electric mouse Pokémon with its large steel body.

"Pikachu! Use Quick Attack to dodge and cancel out Steelix's Gyro Ball with an Iron Tail!" Ash ordered out, as he pointed in a certain direction. The electric mouse Pokémon quickly dodged with his Quick Attack, then immediately used his iron-coated tail to slam it onto Steelix's head. However, it wasn't very effective as Steelix was a steel/ground-type Pokémon and has a large resistance to most of Ash's Pikachu's attacks.

"Nice try Ash," Brock smirked. "But Steelix has the type advantage. Steelix! Use your tail to bind Pikachu now!" Brock shouted out while pointing forward.

"Grroooooouuuhhhh!" Steelix roared and screeched as it picked up Pikachu with its tail and started squeezing the electric mouse Pokémon.

"Pikachu! Give it a Thunderbolt!" Ash shouted out.

"Pika-CHUUUUUU!!!!" Pikachu squeaked as he let a large amount of electricity out of his body.

"Grroooooohhuu..." Steelix roared as it flinched in pain and was feeling the effects of the Thunderbolt. Despite that, Steelix hasn't let go of Pikachu. In fact, Steelix tightened the grip of its tail, squeezing Pikachu even tighter.

"Chuuu..." Pikachu groaned.

Ash gritted his teeth and started thinking of a strategy to get his partner Pokémon out of Steelix's grasp. "Thunderbolt won't work, maybe if Pikachu uses a combination of attacks then-"

"Steelix! Let go of Pikachu and slam him to the ground! Then use Iron Tail!" Brock shouted out his command.

The raven-haired teenager was definitely surprised with Brock's decision, but he didn't waste a second thinking about it. Now was their chance!