Chapter 30: Shamus Returns

"Remarkable!" Professor Sycamore said with amazement as he inspected the Heracronite stone slab in front of him. "And you say that you found it in Santalune Forest?"

"That's right, Professor." Clemont nodded with a confirmation.

Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie were currently at Professor Sycamore's Pokémon Laboratory. They were sitting in a couple of the sofas with the Professor.

After waking up, Ash and Serena left their suite and went to Prism Tower to pick up Clemont and Bonnie. Together, the Kalos Gang made their way towards Professor Sycamore's Pokémon Laboratory in hopes of being able to carve a small Heracronite out of the large stone slab.

"So Professor, do you think that you can carve a Heracronite from this?" Ash asked.

The Kalosian Professor simply smiled at him and nodded.

"Why yes, I'll get Cosette and a couple of my other assistants on it right away," Professor Sycamore said as he lifted the Heracronite stone slab from the coffee table. The Professor then motioned for one of his assistants to take it to another room.

"Thanks so much Professor." Ash said gratefully.

"So what do you want to do with the rest of the Heracronite ore?" Professor Sycamore asked.

"Hmm..." Ash put a hand under his chin and started thinking.

"You can donate it to the local stone emporium here in Lumiose City." Clemont suggested.

Ash looked at Clemont and took in his suggestion thoughtfully.

"Actually, Professor Sycamore... I think you should have the rest of it." Ash said. "I mean you are already going to cut me a piece of it. Why don't you keep it for your research?"

"Why thank you, Ash. I will see what I will do with it. I might do what Clemont suggested and donate some Heracronite to the emporium." Professor Sycamore said. "It may take a couple of hours, so why don't you relax and explore the city together?"

Ash and Serena's eyes brightened. It has been a while since they've been in Lumiose City and they might as well explore since they would be leaving for Ash's home region in a few days.

"Well guys. What do you want to do in the meantime?" Serena asked the group.

"Not sure. What else can we do besides shopping and eating?" Ash wondered, as he tilted his head and had a hand under his chin.

"Pika?" Pikachu squeaked, expressing uncertainty as well.

However, Ash and Serena were both snapped out of their thoughts by Bonnie asking a question.

"Professor, where are Alain and Mairin?" Bonnie asked suddenly.

"That's right... shouldn't they be here at the lab too?" Ash thought out loud.

"Oh, Alain went to do some errands for me. Mairin tagged along. They should be back soon though." Professor Sycamore answered.

At that moment, the doors to the laboratory opened wide. A tall black-haired man in black clothing and a shorter girl with red hair and a beanie walked in. A Chespin could be seen following right behind them as well.

"Alain! Mairin!" Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie shouted in unison after seeing two of their old friends.

"Hello you guys. It's been a while!" Mairin greeted with her normal cheerful attitude. "Especially you Serena."

Serena smiled back. "Yeah it has. I haven't seen you two in person since the Kalos League."

"Do you two want to come with us to the Pokémon Center? We are going to go give our Pokémon a check-up." Ash asked.