Chapter 20: Our First "Real" Date

"Ash, where are you taking me?" Serena asked the raven-haired boy. Ash had his hands over her eyes as he casually guided her towards the location. Serena was visibly excited about what Ash had in store for them for the day and she could not wait to find out.

"Almost there, Serena." Ash responded. "Trust me."

"Can you at least give me a hint at where we are going?" Serena asked. Ash shook his head in response. But then he realized Serena couldn't see his response. "Is that a yes or a no? I can't see since you are covering my vision..."

"No, it will take out the element of surprise. We are nearly there." Ash replied playfully. "You will love it though, that is a guarantee."

Ash continued to guide Serena a little bit more, until they suddenly stopped in front of the building.

"Okay, now you can open your eyes." Ash says as he lifts his hands away from Serena's face. She opened her eyes and gasped in surprise at where she was. Ash took her to the front of the Restaurant Le Wow. One of the most expensive restaurants in all of Kalos. It usually takes weeks to get a reservation and even with that it is hard to even get inside.

"A-Ash... how were you able to call in a reservation or even afford this? Only a cham-" Serena paused and then smiled with realization, "Oh, that's right! You are the champion of Alola now~"

"Oh, you saw?" Ash asked sheepishly. He was planning on telling Serena about it during their meal, but it seems she already knew.

"Yes, I did. On television, while I was in Slateport City. You were amazing Ash! The way you were in sync with Pikachu and your Pokémon. That climax with the two Lyncaroc was really suspenseful." Serena said.

"Haha... yeah. There were moments where I thought I would have lost, but luckily everyone pulled through in the end." Ash replied with a light laugh.

"I scheduled the reservation for another two hours from now, so I guess we have some time to kill." Ash said, while thinking. "Have anything in mind?"

"I saw a clothing boutique nearby... How about some window shopping?" Serena asked with a cute smile. Ash knew he couldn't resist her.

"Sounds good to me." Ash replied with a fist pump. 'At least I won't have to carry any bags...'

"Thank you! Thank you! Let's go!" Serena said with excitement in her voice. She begins dragging Ash towards the boutique, so she can hopefully seduce him with her looks and body. Then that will allow her to make her move tonight.

After about half an hour of furious shipping, Serena finally found some cute outfits she wanted to try on. She ordered Ash to sit on a nearby bench near the changing stalls, so she can get his opinion on her potential outfits. After a few minutes, Serena comes out of her dressing stall with her first outfit. Ash couldn't help but stare. Serena was wearing a baby blue dress with a crescent moon-like pattern. She didn't wear a hat, but had her hair tied back by her favorite blue ribbon. A pretty sapphire necklace was present around her neck. She also wore matching earrings.

Serena was blushing at the way Ash was staring at her in awe. "S-So... Ash, how do I look?" she asked attentively, looking at her crush nervously with a faint blush on her cheeks. She knew that Ash was looking at her out of attraction.

"Y...yo... you look so... gorgeous..." Ash said under his breath. He wasn't lying, he thought she looked like the most beautiful thing in the world. He wouldn't mind if she was the only person he sees every morning.

'Oh my! He actually called me gorgeous!' Serena was mentally celebrating, but on the outside, she was smiling and blushing. "T-thank you, Ash! I might just buy it! Let me try out some more, okay?" Serena quickly disappeared back into the dressing stall.