Chapter 18: Ash at Serena's Performance

"H-Huh? Wait a minute..." Ash stammered with surprise. "What are you talking about Calem?"

"Pi?" Pikachu squeaked while tilting his head in a confused manner, similar to his trainer.

"I put two and two together. So the girl you talked about back in Kanto was my little sister, Serena. The guy all your friends are talking about right now turns out to be you. So... Looks like you are my future brother-in-law." Calem explained as he thought about the situation more.

"Well, we don't have to go that far-" Ash was about to say, but was interrupted.

"It's great to see my future son-in-law, again. Last time I saw you was on the phone." Grace said as she grabbed Ash and pulled him into a motherly hug.

"Wait a minute. So we were talking about the same person the entire time!?!" Trevor asked in a higher voice volume.

"Seems that way, Trevor." Shauna answered with a shrug.

"We were basically talking about the same person and we didn't even realize it!" Calem concluded.

"Ash, you were with Serena's brother the entire time and you never realized it?" Clemont asked in disbelief.

"Well, I did try to connect the dots back then in Kanto. Like how they both have the same last name and are both from Kalos. Other than that, I wasn't too focused on that to be honest." Ash admitted with an embarrassed laugh.

"Wow, you really are dense..." Miette said with a facepalm.

"Aww Miette. You can't say that. After all, Ash is the one who is going to be making the first move. He placed his plan into motion. He even reserved the best seat at the Le Wow Restaurant and the Champion Suite Penthouse in the best hotel here in Lumiose City!" Bonnie said with a loud squeal.

"Well technically Serena made the first move when she kissed me, Bonnie." Ash said to her.

"Wait a minute. My little sister got her first kiss? How was it? Was she a good kisser?" Calem was asking a plethora of questions, but was smacked in the head by Grace.

"Calm down, Calem. Anyways I heard from Serena that it was a peck on the lips." Grace answered.

"I wish I was there to witness it." Shauna said in awe. "The way that Serena described it to me made it sound so romantic."

"True, girl. I thought something was going to go down with those two eventually. Now here we are." Nini added.

"I get to have the Alola Champion as my younger brother-in-law." Calem said in realization. "Man, even before this revelation we felt very close, right Ash."

"That's true." Ash remarked, while thinking back.

"I can't believe that my son and future son-in-law has already bonded." Grace wept with joy. She then embraced Ash and Calem in a group hug.

"My boys..."

"Well, welcome to the family, Ash." Calem said with a smile as he put Ash in a playful headlock.

"I didn't even ask Serena the question yet." Ash pointed out.

"Who cares. We all know she will say yes." Bonnie assured with the most devilish grin in the world."I better be Serena's Maid of Honor!"

"I don't think so, Bonnie. That honor goes to me." Miette replied with a smirk.

"To you? But you were the one that always teased her about Ash back then! If anything, I should get the honor!" Shauna yelled at her with a huff.

"Well, it doesn't matter! She is getting him anyway!" Miette argued.

"I knew Serena the longest!" Bonnie shot back.