Chapter 29: The Heracronite Search

"Where the heck are the mega stones?!" Bonnie yelled out with frustration in her voice. The group was walking around Santalune Forest for a while now. With Ash's insistence, the group continued to roam deeper into the depths of the forest.

The group began getting tired as they continued walking around the forest. For once, Clemont was not the last one following the group. This time, Ash and Serena were lagging behind Clemont and Bonnie. However, they weren't walking slowly because they were tired. They were walking slowly for another reason.

"You're so cute." Ash commented as he poked Serena on the nose in a playful manner.

"Well, you're even cuter." Serena responded back with a giggle. She tapped a finger on Ash's nose.

"If I'm cuter, then you are the cutest."

"Aww~ why thank you, Ash~"

"Look Dedenne." Bonnie whispered to her orange electric mouse Pokémon, while gesturing to the couple behind her. "Who would have thought we would see the day where Ash and Serena are together as a couple?"

"Nene..." Dedenne squeaked in awe.

"Hey Bonnie, you should try to get their attention, we've been walking around the forest for a while." Clemont suggested, while panting. "My feet are killing me..."

"Tired already, big bro?" Bonnie said with a snicker.

"Bonnie!" Clemont yelled with a galre.

Bonnie just smirked but nodded in response. Her eyes then fell onto Ash and Serena, who were a few feet away from them. An evil grin made its way onto her face. Bonnie slowed down her pace, so she was near her two older friends that she viewed as her "other siblings."

"Hey Ash! Serena! Stop flirting with each other already and let's find that Heracronite!" Bonnie yelled out at the couple, before running back ahead towards her brother.

This caused Ash and Serena to snap out of their flirting session and separate. Deep red blushes could be seen on their faces.

"Thank you, Bonnie." Clemont said to his sister before turning to Ash. "So Ash, any ideas on where to find the Heracronite?"

"I heard that the locals have seen traces of Heracronite and Pinsirite around here. The mega evolution energy is stronger in the depths of Santalune Forest, so that's where we should go." Ash said.

"But we might get lost in the forest." Serena said with worry in her eyes. But her worried look faded as Ash put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry Serena. I brought along the right Pokémon to help us navigate around Santalune Forest."

Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont watched as Ash pulled out a Poké Ball from his pocket.

"Leavanny! I choose you!" Ash called out.

The Poké Ball opened to reveal a bipedal green bug Pokémon. It had bladed leaves for hands and wore a bonnet-like accessory made of leaves.

"Leav! Van!" Leavanny cried out happily.

"Who's that Pokémon?" Serena asked herself as she pulled out her Rotom Phone to use the Pokédex feature.

Rotom Phone: Leavanny, the Nurturing Pokémon and the evolved form of Swadloon. In the Unova Region, Leavanny are known for creating clothing and accessories out of leaves with stick threads from its mouth. They make them for wild Pokémon and their trainers.

"That's such a cute Pokémon!" Bonnie complimented cheerfully.

"Why do you need Leavanny, Ash?" Serena asked with confusion.