Chapter 22: The Hotel Experience

After spending some time together at the park in Lumiose City, the new couple decided to head back to Prism Tower before going to the hotel. Hand in hand, Ash and Serena walked through the automatic doors to Prism Tower and were immediately greeted by two electric mouse Pokémon. Following them, they were greeted by their friends, family, and the Pokémon.

"Hi buddy, you missed me?" Ash questioned the electric mouse Pokémon that ran up onto his shoulder. Ash rubbed Pikachu's head, who then squeaked in response.

"Pika pi." Pikachu squeaked with a nod, indicating a yes.

"How about you, Pikachu? Did you behave?" Serena asked her own Pikachu.

"Pi pika." Serena's Pikachu squeaked in response. She then nuzzled her trainer gently.

"Hi everyone, we are back." Ash greeted everyone with acknowledgment as he noticed them.

"Ash! Serena! You are back!" a cheery-looking Bonnie came rushing at them. She nearly tackled Serena down on the gym floor. After giving Serena a hug, she went to give Ash one too.

"How did things go sweetheart?" Grace questioned her daughter.

"Things went great, mom. We had an amazing date!" Serena responded cheerfully, while hugging back her mother.

"Here you two, here are your Poké Balls." Clemont said as he gave Ash and Serena their respective Poké Balls. The two thanked him and returned their Pokémon that were outside of their balls.

"I trust everything went well?" Clemont inquired the raven-haired boy with a smile.

"You could say that." Ash replied sheepishly, while scratching the back of his head. He then looked at Serena, who glanced back at him with a happy smile. Ash loved the smile she always had and hoped that he will get to see it more often now that they are official.

"We have an announcement!" Serena declared happily. Serena grinned and showed her hand to reveal the promise ring that Ash had given her when they were at the park. The group looked at them with happiness and congratulations.

"Pika pi!" "Pi pika!" The two Pikachu were the first to congratulate their trainers as they nuzzled their trainers with their cheeks. Pikachu made sure to give a high five to Ash with his tail.

"Girl! I'm so happy for you!" Shauna congratulated as she gave Serena a high five.

"Thanks Shauna." Serena said with appreciation in her voice. Then Serena felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned to see an orange-eyed blue-haired girl.

"Looks like you've officially won our little competition." Miette whispered to her ear with a smirk. "But anyhow, congratulations. You deserve him."

Serena thanked Miette and smiled back at her performer rival. Nini, who was also present, congratulated her as well.

"Aww... now Serena is off the market..." Tierno whined, in a defeated tone. "Looks like Ash wins again."

"Come on, Tierno. You knew that Ash and Serena were meant to be since the day we met them at summer camp." Trevor said to his friend, elbowing him playfully. "Anyways, congratulations to you two." Trevor said as he redirected his focus on the two.

"I agree, congratulations to you both." Sawyer added.

Drew smiled and nodded in approval, which Ash returned. Barry on the other hand, was quite loud about it.

"You've got to tell us how it went! Every detail! Or else I'm going to have to give you a fine for holding out on important information!" Barry said. Ash sweatdropped and told him they'll tell everyone at a later time.