Chapter 25: Memories at Coumarine

"Wow! Coumarine City looks like a very busy city!" May exclaimed as she looked around the city.

Ash, Serena, and the rest of the group had just gotten off the monorail from the Lumiose City Station. They have finally arrived at Coumarine City. But to their surprise, the city seemed busier than usual. They could see people and Pokémon happily setting up decorations and talking to one another.

"Normally, Coumarine City isn't usually this busy." Clemont commented, while adjusting his glasses. "If I had to guess, some type of celebration must be taking place here."

"What are they celebrating this time?" Serena asked out loud. The last time she came to this city with her friends, Coumarine City was hosting a festival revolving around the giant pledging tree. That day was one of her favorites since she got to spend time alone with Ash. It was almost as if it was like a-

"Hey, remember when we had our first unofficial date here?" Ash asked his girlfriend so suddenly. This caught Serena by surprise.

"Huh? Y-you counted that as a date?" Serena's voice squeaked with surprise in her voice.

"Yeah, Didn't you?" Ash smiled. "I mean, we were all alone right, and isn't that what dates are? We even left all our Pokémon with Clemont and Bonnie for the day."

"Oh yeah! That was a fun day!" Bonnie chimed in, happily. "Even Though it was a festival to give gifts to Pokémon, Serena got two presents! A blue ribbon from Ash, and then Mrs. Grace even gave Serena a beautiful dress!"

Serena blushed, then instinctively rubbed her blue ribbon as she looked back up at Ash's face. "Yeah. I'm just surprised that you thought of it as a date, that's all. That day was very important to me because you gave me one of my most precious possessions."

Now it was Ash's turn to blush. He rubbed the back of his head and grinned. "Yeah, it's important to me too..."

"Oh! Oh! Did you know Ash was the one who made sure you two were alone that day?" Bonnie blurted out. This caused the eyes of Ash and Clemont to widen. Serena looked confused and then looked at Ash.

"What is she talking about Ash?" Serena asked him.

...

"Well... I guess it has been three years. I guess I should just reveal the truth..." Ash said with a sigh. He looked at Clemont, who gave him a reassuring nod.

"The truth is, the night before the Pledging Tree Festival, Clemont and I planned for you and me to be alone when we go shopping for gifts for our Pokémon." Ash admitted with a blush on his face.

"I-I don't understand... we didn't know about the festival until the day of-"

"Well you and Bonnie may not have known beforehand, but Clemont and I sure did. You see, the night before the Pledging Tree Festival, Clemont and I were discussing our future gym battle against each other in the Pokémon Center Lobby. That's when Nurse Joy approached us and informed us about the Pledging Tree Festival that would be taking place in the city. She told us that we could either buy, make, or find something for our Pokémon and then place it up at that big tree. We thought that it sounded like a great experience, so we decided that we should participate. Clemont thought of making something for his Pokémon, so I got the idea of having him and Bonnie watch over our Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, while the two of us went shopping without them." Ash explained.

Serena was just silent as she took in Ash's information.

"However, it seems that we didn't notice that a certain nosy girl was eavesdropping on us that night..." Clemont added in while giving a glare at Bonnie. "Actually weren't you with Serena in the room at the time?"