Chapter 16: Perform and Conquer

Kalos Region, 11:29 am, Lumiose City 

Serena Yvonne, an aspiring performer, was currently inside the Lumiose City Pokémon Showcase Theater with her mother, waiting for her friends and older brother to show up. The honey-blonde teenager was constantly looking up at the clock at the wall as it was nearly noontime. 

"I hope they could all make it for my performance today..." Serena thought to herself with a little anxiety evident in her voice. Little did she know, she would get more than she had originally bargained for later that day...

"I wonder where they are mom, I talked with Clemont and Bonnie and they said that they would be here with everyone else on my performance day..." Serena said to her mother as they waited at the main lobby of the theater. 

Serena took a glance around her surroundings and noticed just how packed it was inside the lobby alone. "Well, this is the final showcase before the master class..."

"I am sure they will make it," Grace said with a reassuring smile, while placing a hand on her daughter's shoulder. "How about your friends that you met in Hoenn?"

"I got a text from May earlier this morning, saying that their layover in Unova will be an extra hour, so they will come later than expected." Serena responded with a sigh. Pikachu was on her shoulder, trying to comfort her trainer.

"Serena!" A voice shouted out from a distance. Serena and Grace looked around until they spotted a group of people, with a short brunette girl with tanned skin and emerald green-colored eyes leading the group.

"Shauna!" Serena exclaimed as she noticed her friend running over to her and her mother. Serena got up from her seat and rushed towards her friend, giving her a big hug. "It's so good to see you again!" Serena said with a smile.

"You think we'd miss out on your chance for Kalos Queen redemption? Not a chance. But remember, that we are still rivals till the bitter end!" Shauna said with a competitive expression on her face.

"That applies to us too!" Miette piped in with her usual playful attitude. Nini was right behind her and she grinned at the honey-blonde teenager.

"Now it's time for you to get your third key, Serena!" Nini said with a cheer. Serena nodded determinedly at all three of her main rivals.

"You got it!" Serena responded with a wink. Pikachu squeaked on her shoulder to express her excitement. Serena looked back and noticed that Trevor, Tierno, Sawyer, Clemont, and Bonnie were also accompanying the girls.

"Hey you guys, glad you could make it!" Serena said cheerfully. However, her cheerful demeanor had quickly turned into a more unsettling and uncertain one, once she saw Tierno making "his move" on her once again.

"Serena, you are just as beautiful as the last time I saw you!" Tierno said with hearts in his eyes as he went down on one knee and took her hand. Serena sweatdropped and gently removed her hand from his grip.

"Uhhh. nice to see you too Tierno..." Serena said with a light laugh as her words sort of trailed off. Luckily, Shauna came to her defense and quickly pinched Tierno on the ear.

"Are you forgetting something, lover boy?" Shauna yelled at Tierno in an irritated tone. She then whispered something to Tierno's ear, that Serena couldn't hear. 

"We are here to help hook Ash and Serena up, not you!" Shauna whispered aggressively into Tierno's ear. "Now go apologize!" After Shauna let go, Tierno quickly apologized for his actions, which Serena hesitantly accepted.

"Serena is going to win this thing!" Bonnie exclaimed in her normal childish attitude as she jumped up and down. The lemon-haired young girl always displayed full confidence and support for her "older sister" figure.