Chapter 26: The Lapras Festival (Part I)

"Ugh! This is hopeless!" Ash yelled out in frustration. He had walked around Coumarine City for a couple of hours and still had no idea what to get for the Lapras Festival. He was currently sitting on a bench near the Pokémon Center alongside the Pikachu. Ash bought them a vanilla ice cream cone, which the two Pikachu gladly shared with one another.

"Cha~" Pikachu cooed happily as he licked the ice cream. Serena's Pikachu was equally enjoying the cold icy treat.

"At least those two are happy..." Ash muttered. He then stared at his Poké Balls that he equipped to his belt.

Ash sighed and started to think back about his former Lapras back when he was journeying the Orange Islands. He had a lot of fond memories of it. Such as the time he used Lapras in the Orange League. He hoped that Lapras is doing well these days and maybe he'll meet it again one day.

He was suddenly broken out of his thoughts by a lovely feminine voice.

"ASH!" the voice called out.

Ash and the Pikachu turned and saw Serena running towards their direction. Serena's mother, Grace, was not far behind her. Serena unexpectedly embraced Ash in a tight and affectionate hug, which startled the raven-haired teen.

"Hi Serena." Ash greeted, as he returned the embrace.

"Hi Ash." Serena said as she left the embrace and stood in front of the boy.

"Pi pika!" Serena's Pikachu squeaked, as she jumped on Serena and nuzzled her.

"I missed you too, Pikachu. Did Ash take good care of you?" Serena asked the electric mouse Pokémon. Serena got a look of satisfaction when the mouse Pokémon nodded in response.

"Pika Chu!" Pikachu cried out and also jumped on Serena to nuzzle her with affection.

"I missed you as well, Pikachu." Serena chuckled as she snuggled her face onto his. Both of the Pikachu squeaked happily and continued to nuzzle her playfully.

"Hey, how about me?" Ash asked, while pretending to be annoyed.

"Don't worry. I have a lot of affection to spare." Serena said with a wink. She and the Pikachu then tackled him into a group hug.

"So how did it go at the pharmacy?" Ash questioned. Serena pulled back and smiled at him.

"It went well. We bought the birth control pills and also two pregnancy test kits just in case. I'm going to have to take those pills for a while." Serena answered, though her voice trailed off at the end.

Ash chuckled lightly. "That's good. We need to be more careful in the future. At least until we want kids that is..."

"I-I would love that..." Serena said as she looked into Ash's amber-colored eyes. Serena was about to lean forward to pull him into a kiss, but then...

"I would love grandchildren in the future! I bet Delia would love them too." Grace said, interrupting the moment with the couple.

Serena pulled back with embarrassment. "MOM!!!"

"Pi-chu..." the Pikachu both sweatdropped.

"Hehe... maybe not for another few years." Ash said sheepishly. Serena looked back at Ash with a dumbfounded expression. She then composed herself.

"Wait, what are you doing out here, Ash? Where are the others?" Serena asked with concern.

"Calem went to visit his girlfriend's house, while everyone else went to the mall for shopping." Ash answered.

"Oh, you mean that Emma girl?" Grace questioned.

"Yeah, her." Ash said with a nod. "He told me she lives in Coumarine City and he will meet up with us at the festival site."