Chapter 32: A Day Before Departure

After returning to Professor Sycamore's Research Laboratory and retrieving a piece of Heracronite from Professor Sycamore, Ash and Serena returned to their Champion Suite Penthouse of the Hotel Richissime, after bidding farewell to Clemont and Bonnie. The couple promised to reunite with their Lumiose friends at the World Coronation Series Tournament in Wyndon Stadium of the Galar Region. It has been three days since his battle with Shamus, and now Ash and Serena are planning to visit Vaniville Town for a night before they depart for the Kanto Region...

"I'm going to miss the luxury of this penthouse suite..." Serena admitted with a sigh. 

Serena had finished packing her belongings and was now looking around the interior of the Champion's private suite penthouse of the Hotel Richissime one last time. It had been nearly a week since she and Ash stayed in this luxurious penthouse and also nearly a week since she and Ash confessed their hidden feelings for one another. Life was good. 

However, Serena didn't want to be too spoiled and still preferred a calm and humble lifestyle. She didn't want to be like those entitled rich brats who step on the commoners and "normal people."

"I wonder if I'll ever get to experience this again..." Serena whispered to herself. However, she then felt strong arms wrapping around her waist and someone's head placing itself on her shoulder. Serena slyly smiled as she knew it was her raven-haired boyfriend.

"Don't worry, my dear sweet Serena," Ash said in a calm soothing tone. "I'm sure we can reserve some more high-quality hotel rooms sometime in the future." 

The combination of Ash's voice and the embrace, caused Serena to melt into his arms. Ash decided to burrow his face into the side of Serena's neck, which prompted her to squeal in response. He then took a big sniff and smelled Serena's honey-blonde hair. It smelled divine, like the deep blue ocean and a bunch of strawberries.

"Mhmm... I guess you are right. You are the champion of Alola after all." Serena said as she snuggled up to Ash in return.

"Not only that, but you will be the future Kalos Queen, while I might be the future World Monarch. I may actually finally be a Pokémon Master." Ash said with a slightly happy tone. "Doesn't that sound promising, my queen?"

"Of course, Ashy..." Serena whispered in response. The couple remained like this, before they felt two certain electric mouse Pokémon jump on top of their heads.

"Chu~"

"Well, it looks like these two are eager to go." Serena giggled. Ash just nodded and grinned goofily.

"Okay, let's check out and return our card keys at the lobby. Then we can take the Lumiose City Monorail over to Vaniville Town." Ash said. He then looked around the Champion Suite Penthouse one last time to be certain that they haven't forgotten any of their belongings.

Serena nodded. After a couple of minutes, she followed Ash outside the doors. Ash locked the doors and with that, went downstairs to the front lobby with Serena and their Pikachu by his side.

A few minutes later, Ash and Serena exited the Hotel Richissime after checking out of their hotel room. They decided to call out a taxi since the Monorail station was on the other side of the city. When the couple arrived at the Lumiose City Monorail station, they took the first monorail to Vaniville Town by scanning Serena's monorail pass and entered it. 

"Hey, Serena. Looks like we got lucky. This section of the monorail barely has any people in it." Ash observed.

 "It's because people don't usually take the monorail to go to Vaniville Town. They typically get to Vaniville Town through route 1 and by walking through Aquacorde Town." the honey-blonde Kalosian girl explained.