Chapter 12: The Package

Ash, Brock, and Misty were walking down the path to Ash's house in Pallet Town after an eventful day at Professor Oak's Laboratory. With the exception of Pikachu, Ash made sure to deposit all his Pokémon at the laboratory before heading back home. Now, the trio is looking forward to hanging out like the good ol' days seven years ago.

"Man, what an eventful couple of days." Ash sighed as he thought about what happened ever since he left Cerise Laboratory at Vermilion City. He wondered what Goh and Chloe were doing without him. Knowing them, Chloe probably forced Goh into another date.

"It sure has," Brock commented while scratching under his chin. "It sure seems weird. To think that you would reunite with Primeape, Pidgeot, and Butterfree under the span of two days. Not to mention that you got all those mega stones from various people, including myself."

"Maybe it's a sign that you'll win the World Coronation Series and finally fulfill your destiny of becoming a Pokémon master." Misty joked in a playful manner. Ash and Brock stared blankly at Misty for a moment before laughing along with her.

"I wouldn't take it that far, that seems a little far fetched to me," Ash replied. Pikachu was on top of Ash's head and noticed Ash's house in the distance.

"Oh, come on Ash. It's your time to become a Pokémon Master. We've known you since you were ten years old." Brock stated while placing a hand on Ash's shoulder. 

"Yeah, we've seen you grow up from a rookie trainer to one that can potentially become one of the best trainers in the world!" Misty added supportedly. The tomboyish-natured teenage girl initially didn't believe that Ash would have made it far as a trainer when she first met him, but he proved her wrong eventually. Now, he has her full support on the subject.

"You two are right! I will just have to train hard for the World Coronation Series Tournament," Ash replied, grinning at his friends. "How can I lose when I got awesome friends to support me every step of the way."

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu pointed out. Ash and his two original traveling companions looked and noticed where they were heading. They were approaching a familiar-looking house.

"Good eye, buddy!" Ash complimented while sharing a quick high five with the mouse Pokémon. "C'mon you guys, race you to the front door!" With that, Ash rushed towards his house, with Brock and Misty following him. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

When Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu finally arrived at the front door of the house, they were greeted by Mr. Mime, who sensed their arrival. 

"Mr. Mime!" Mimey said as it greeted the three friends. The barrier Pokémon stood to the side and gestured for them to step inside, which they gladly accepted.

"Hey Mimey, can you let mom know we are home?" Ash requested. Mimey nodded to Ash in response before walking towards the kitchen. 

Pikachu hopped down onto the couch and stretched his body. Pikachu was feeling tired from a full day of playing with the rest of the Pokémon back at the laboratory. He remembered the game of tag that he participated in with Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Oshawott, Gible, and Scraggy. 

"Mr. Mime is still very helpful around the house, huh." Misty observed.

"Yeah, Mr. Mime has been a big help around the house for the past eight years. I can't believe so many years have passed since we all first met." Ash said.

Brock nodded and then responded, "I felt it was just yesterday when you two first stepped foot into my gym. Now, we are going to be making more memories, like attending each other's weddings."