Chapter 15: Flight to Kalos

"Who?" Ash asked with genuine confusion in his tone. The raven-haired teenager and his two friends looked at Calem with a look of shock. Even Pikachu was weirded out by it. What was this older boy referring to? "I-I don't u-understand. Am I who? I think you have mistaken me for someone else..."

Calem scrunched up his face as he was deep in thought, while rubbing under his chin repeatedly. He then shook his head at the raven-haired teenager and continued speaking.

"You're Ash Ketchum, the Alola region's champion! Not only the Alola region's first-ever champion, but the youngest person to ever become a champion of an entire region." Calem exclaimed. "I watched your battle on television at a Pokémon Center a couple of years back." 

"Oh, you watched that? Yeah, it was a pretty epic battle." Ash noted with a smile as he remembers the first-ever league he has won.

"Pika!" Pikachu squeaked in agreement with his trainer.

Calem shook his head and smiled. "It was more than epic. The way you and Pikachu used that Z-Move against Tapu Koko left me shook. I've never seen anything like it." 

A sheepish grin crept on Ash's face as he rubbed the back of his neck in slight embarrassment. He met fans before, but they were usually much younger than him. Calem seemed to be really enthusiastic about meeting him despite being a trainer longer than he has.

"And that is the mysterious Greninja that could transform!" Calem said as he pointed at Greninja. "I heard that you fought against Alain in the Finals of the Kalos League from Professor Sycamore."

"Yep. Guilty as charged." Ash said as he rubbed the back of his head. "I didn't think many people would know all that or even recognize me."

"You kidding? I got mad respect for you. I've been traveling for far longer than you, but you've accomplished so much!" Calem expressed. "I wish I was related to you. Like you could be my lil' bro."

"Looks like you got yourself a fan," Brock said as he elbowed Ash playfully. Misty laughed, while Ash just rolled his eyes at the tan-skinned young man.

"So where are you three going? You know, before those people and that talking Meowth stopped you." Calem questioned with curiosity.

"Well, Misty and I are going back to our respective gyms. I live in Pewter City, while Misty lives in Cerulean City." Brock answered the Kalos native young man.

"Oh wow, you two are gym leaders? That's neat." Calem commented. He then looked over to Ash. "How about you, Ash?"

"Oh, I'm just going to the ticket agency at Viridian City to get a plane ticket to Kalos." Ash replied.

"Hey, I'm going to Kalos too, like in a week or so." Calem said. "I still need to go get my plane ticket, so why don't we go together?"

Ash considered for a moment before answering. "That would be great. Maybe you can tell me a little about yourself while we are there."

"That's a deal." Calem replied. Calem got out a Poké Ball to return Chesnaught inside the safety of the ball.

"So then let's get going," Misty said. Everyone agreed and made their way towards Viridian City in peaceful silence. When the group made it to Viridian City, Ash and Calem said their farewells to Brock and Misty and headed towards the ticket agency to buy their tickets.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As Ash and Calem were walking towards the Viridian City ticket agency, the two trainers were having a conversation in order to learn more about each other. To both of their surprise, they both have more in common than they had anticipated.